New project law ZXI 1100 jet ski

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics
image.php

My sister in-law got this for free ...2002 jet ski

image.php
z
Jet pump drive ..basically a prop that’s shooters in a tube that moves left and right

image.php

Gauges...

image.php

1100cc motor 2 cycle water cool ...120 hp ...suppose to go 60mph on the water ...basically a floor mount motor ...after taking carbs on side and exhaust on the other side off motor pulls out through seat hole ...

image.php

Water hose hook up to run out of water

image.php

Strait shaft hook up to prop ..very simple beast ..looks to be 1/5 the work than like a oldwing to redo ..has chi box ignition in a waterproof box ...and some kind of auto trim ...no clutch brakes ..not even a u joint in the drive total strait shaft ....and the motor is simple ..has upper and lower crank housing for crank ...then cylinders sleeve section ...then head ...no valves no gears and no belts ...be interesting if I can bring it back ...hasn’t ran in years

I read the title and went “oh hell, he’s gonna put an 1100 motor in what?!?” [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213901#p213901:zjikrmdl said:
TheRepoGuy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:08 am[/url]":zjikrmdl]
I read the title and went “oh hell, he’s gonna put an 1100 motor in what?!?” [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I'm not sure that has been ruled out yet! :smilie_happy:

mcgovern61":2151cwvt said:
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213901#p213901:2151cwvt said:
TheRepoGuy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:08 am[/url]":2151cwvt]

I'm not sure that has been ruled out yet! :smilie_happy:

Right?! Don’t know how well it would work but with a welder, shifter and a clutch cable I figure ANYTHING is possible [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All winter here is about three weeks to a month at most ....and never not really bike riding time ...so as simple as this thing is only money of a major problem will stop the project ....

Unfortunately Joe anything that floats on water, money is normally the main form of “motor”vation!! :hihihi:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213939#p213939:mg7rxaes said:
joedrum » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:54 am[/url]":mg7rxaes]
True to that Gerry...but Gerry oh the mods that could be done to stabilize it are many ...
Sure, it can be stabilized, but when it comes out of the water at high speed and goes airborne it is like hitting concrete when it hits water again.

Pics
image.php

Inside air cleaner not looking so hot...

image.php

More of the same

image.php

Wow what a job it is to get here ...bolts were all coated in some kind of green locking crap that was good ...no room to work ..all designed that way by kawi very to almost totally user incapable to work on

:useless: Pics
image.php

Motor was full of water oil was all the way up to where the carbs bolted on

image.php

Motor upside down to drain all water out ...cylinders looked ok ..rings that I could see looked thin and stuck ..seem to be two per piston ...Crank was stuck big time but after taking head off and some gunk spay and wooden block hammered on pistons it broke free and moves nice feels nice too ...has cylinder case that bolts off the crank area to get at pistons ...the box looking thing is supposed to be water tight CDI box for ignition ...

Pics
image.php

Carbs they were quite caked up ..all seemed from non use and sitting out in the weather

image.php

Pic of head ..you can see water was in there ...but so far ..it’s not looking that bad ...but much more to see ... :builder:

Latest posts