New rider/reader from Colorado

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingtrek

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Longtime rider and new reader. My first bike was a Honda CL-360, then a Kawasaki GPz550. Later I picked up a pristine 1982 Goldwing Aspencade (the brown/gold combo). I've owned it for 18 years, picked a same paint job '83 Aspencade and sidecar rig later.

The sidecar rig ended up sitting for a while recently. I believe I have gummed up carbs now. This lead to an internet search for info and finding Classic Goldwings!! Looks like I have a little reading ahead, hopefully even meet up for some rides sometime too.

Wingtrek

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Thanks for the warm reception!

Steve, the bike sat for approx. 4years. One of the sidecar frame attachments broke while on an around town spin. I put it in the garage to work on later.... I knew better... now paying the price. Siphoned as much of the old (DISGUSTING smelling, hate to call it gas) out and replaced with fresh. I can just barely get it to run on one cylinder for a little while. Verified that I have good flow from fuel pump, so I'm figuring the next most likely problem is gummed up carbs.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131667#p131667:mmc82hsg said:
wingtrek » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:32 pm[/url]":mmc82hsg]
Thanks for the warm reception!

Steve, the bike sat for approx. 4years. One of the sidecar frame attachments broke while on an around town spin. I put it in the garage to work on later.... I knew better... now paying the price. Siphoned as much of the old (DISGUSTING smelling, hate to call it gas) out and replaced with fresh. I can just barely get it to run on one cylinder for a little while. Verified that I have good flow from fuel pump, so I'm figuring the next most likely problem is gummed up carbs.
Yup, 4 years will do it. :crying: You can try draining the carb bowls and running some good gas through 'em, maybe with some ATF added - ya might get lucky! You'll probably end up pulling the rack and giving 'em a thorough cleaning, but ya never know... Start a new thread on the progress.

Latest posts