New soup bowl!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Went and bought a new soup bowl today. Got a Bilt Evolution modular in silver. Big change for me, goin to a full face, but I got a modular so I could still have the open face when needed. It's a little snug on my cheeks, but I think I'll either get used to it, or I'll trim some of the padding on the sides if it comes down to it. It should also allow me to ride a little longer into the cold season. We shall see!

Thanks Gerry. I have my leather stuff, and insulated gear that keeps me fairly warm(ish) on my colder rides. I needed(wanted) something that would possibly keep my punkin head warmer.....a 3/4 with face shield/balaclava/neck gaiter just don't cut it. I figure a full face setup will keep the cold air from being rammed into the helmet and thereby keep my purdy face warmer. :BigGrin:

Looks really nice.

I miss the lack of an internal sun visor in my full face helmet. I almost consider it a safety feature at this point.

In regards to the snug cheeks, I've been told that with a properly fitting full face helmet, it should be pretty snug around the cheek pads when it's new. They'll compress over time.

Thanks guys. It turned cold here...too dang cold to ride, so it may be a while before I can spend any time with it on me haid. I'll give it a chance before cussin myself for not gettin one size larger.

:good:
Well then...according to that folicaly challenged feller that helmet I got should be edzachary what I'm 'posed to have. :yes: :thanks:

This one has a rubbery-fabric space filler-inner piece at the lower edge of the chin bar. I'mma hoping that will stop most of the cold air from hitting on my face

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=220335#p220335:29zr2uhy said:
mophead » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:20 pm[/url]":29zr2uhy]
Don't do any trimming. Just wear it awhile and it will break in.
Ditto on this
I have a modular that I bought for snowmobiling just for the fact that I wear glasses and everytime we might stop even for a short time I would have to take my glasses off before taking off the old full face I was using, ya know the ole glasses fogging up thing, well with this modular I just open the front shell now and can do what ever i need to do without taking my helmet off. It made wearing glasses alot easier now, mine does have the built-in sunshield which I love, it also has a breathe-box in it that I can take out if needed to help with fogging, between that and the and the 3-4 vents I have on it I can dial in air flow to help with the fogging also I'll actually run my shield partially open when riding unless there is a alot of snow flying or snow dust from the sled in front of me. I Love my Modular, but just run a half helmet on the Wingwith a zipout neck collar :hi: :hi: :hi:

Got to ride this week since the weather was decent. I'm kinda diggin the new lid. Got stuck in traffic Mon mernin for over an hour, and dint have an issue with the snugness of the helmet. It is definitely warmer on my face! Don't even need the balaclava now. My haid don't flop around in the wind either, which is a big improvement, as is the large reduction in wind noise, and the lighter weight helps too. I got out today and installed the headset in the helmet. Took a bit of southern ingenuity to get it attached on the helmet, and some carving on the styrofoam to get the speakers in, but I did finally get it all affixed. Very pleased with the purchase at this point. :yes:

I'm using the OE Honda/JM stuff. Speakers are quite thick. Can't really justify spending the big $$$ on a new sound/com system at this point, but would love to later on down the road. :yes:

The Sena speakers would touch the ears when installed in the cutout provided in our helmets. Gets very painful after a short time so I had to modify that spot some by removing some padding to move them forward. With my big ears I still have to be careful putting the helmet on then move my ears into the right spot and lay flat.

Latest posts