New to me '83 (engine that is!)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it has been 2 1/2 years and over 10K miles since I put this engine in and it runs like a champ!!! Thought I would also post some pics of how the paint is holding up. I am real pleased with the Duplicolor engine paint and the Duplicolor high heat clear; I think they have held up great!

Here is the engine right after installation in March 2010 pic:
image.php

and the comparison in October 2012:
image.php

Cleaned the entire engine with Gunk SC-II mixed with diesel fuel. Wash with fresh water. Peel the worst paint off and sand as much of the edges as I was willing to do (obviously some of those edges were missed near the crankcase vent :hihihi: ).

Then two coats of Duplicolor 1615 and while tacky, two coats of Duplicolor high heat clear. Waited a few days and then ran the engine in the garage for a few hours til good and hot to help bake/harden the paint.

I only have to use car wash soap to clean once a year (if I get around to it). I'm not real big on washing the bike more than once a season, but after the Meet and Greet I had to wash because the bike picked up a lot of lime from the farms in Lancaster PA during the rain.

Latest posts