newbie from northeast indiana

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where exactly on the bike is it located, so i can check to see if its bypassed?

jswag5":1nyzx7e2 said:
where exactly on the bike is it located, so i can check to see if its bypassed?

Under the false tank with the air box removed on an '83 Interstate;

image.php

image.php

thanks, the pics really help, i checked it and the thing looks like it has melted, so it may need replaced, but the bike is still ridable, so it goes on the bottom of the list for now.

finally got some pics, i have fairing lowers, and side covers, i just have them removed to hook up a battery maintainer and need to tune the carbs so have not reinstalled them yet.

Attachments

• IM001532.JPG
    IM001532.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IM001533.JPG
    IM001533.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IM001534.JPG
    IM001534.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IM001535.JPG
    IM001535.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 96
i think your coming along great with things and your bike is nice with a great classic look ....and when you get it up to par and install the rest its going just get better looking ....

Is this the bike your going to put all them ligts on,would like to see that big light bar you got.maybe i need to add a 3rd light bar.lol hay wont need to use the kick stand.lol.Na 2 will do.dose any one know how low i can lower the back without having trouble with the shaft drive.

Omega Man":3hayk2rt said:
Great looking bike, and that seat...looks mighty comfy.

~O~

according to the guy i bought the bike from the seat is from a 1500, it might not be, but it is comfy!

i just got a lead on a hondaline fairing bracket, will this work with my vetter? the hondaline one looks to be much more stable, it cant be any worse than the rickety rattly old vetter one i got.

jswag5":1u195t89 said:
Omega Man":1u195t89 said:
Great looking bike, and that seat...looks mighty comfy.

~O~

according to the guy i bought the bike from the seat is from a 1500, it might not be, but it is comfy!

I would love to see closer pics of that seat and how it fits.

No,I dont believe you can use the hondaline fairing bracket with the vetter.But maybe with some fabing you can use it to reiforce what you have?

i havent had to remove the seat, so im not even sure how it is installed, all i know is that there are 2 huge bolts coming out the sides just behind the drivers portion of the seat.

took the wing out on a nice 120 mile ride today(its never been more than around the block since ive got it). about 40 miles into it i developed a fuel line leak, stopped at a hardware store and 2 bucks later had it fixed. other than that the bike ran great. got the fairing lowers on and all the covers, new battery and plugs, tuned the carbs and synced em up and it runs great. still need to fix the neutral light issue, but other than that i see no issues!

jswag5":2qu3e9pp said:
i just got a lead on a hondaline fairing bracket, will this work with my vetter? the hondaline one looks to be much more stable, it cant be any worse than the rickety rattly old vetter one i got.
A real Vetter bracket is real stable. I have a Windjammer V with lowers (which are off for the summer, they send the engine heat down to my feet and cook em real good!) and an original Vetter bracket that is made of angle iron and pipe clamps and bolts on with 8 hose clamps. Mine is rock solid.

Welcome from west central Illinois. Very cool bike, if my wife see's your pics she is going to start nagging me to get out my paint rig.

yeah, just put my lowers on and it stiffened the whole assembly up, but you are right about the heat, wow!

debating on trying to put a venting system into the lowers that can open and close, has anyone tried this?

finished my first full tank of fuel at about 42mpg, great mileage i think, but i have had to put about a quart of oil in since the last oil change.

i noticed oil leaking out the water pump housing weep hole(it is not antifreeze, it is oil) what could cause this, is there a seal in there from the engine to the water pump that might be leaking? is there supposed to be oil around this area??

Latest posts