pilot jet??

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skw1972

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 81 with the non removable pilot. I'm into the job and I dont think my pilots are clear because when I blow compressed air it dont come out anywhere. all the other passages do. These carbs were FILTHY.. like crud real bad. I have oriface tools but the smallest (pretty darn small) will not go through
One trick ive used on my other bike before was to boil the carb body but the butterflies are stil in the carb body so I guess what Im asking is..... are there any rubber seals in the butterfly assembly that would be damaged by boiling? and.... where should the air come out at when I blow compressed air directly into thepilot jet hole?
oh.. and if anyone has a couple of spare air diaphrams for sale I need some

go to the teck section and look at roadys carb rebuild his is an 80 ...theres lot of pics and done realy well ...you dont have to do everything there but it gives you good info and pics to sort out your carbs

I actually watched a video...littlebeaver? anyway Im gonna try and pull them now that I know it is indeed a jet and has the metering holes.. those just gotta get cleaned.
my oriface tool (say that 3 times to a stranger real fast) set has a couple about as small as the infamous G string (high E actually) but has a "file like" feature. But there is so much corn squeezin residue caked up in there its pointless
so they are about to get a PB blaster treatment followed by some thermal cycling then Ill intoduce them to mister #2 EZ out
results to follow

works like a charm! For me I HIGHLY endorse this trick! pilot jets are like new. If I was more computer literate and/or my computer wasnt so retarded Id post pics. Ill get around to learning how to do that. now part 2..........need some air cut offs. my diaphrams are shot. fleabay has some for 20ish dollars each but....

Latest posts