Radiator cap

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well took the air box out per a post on Saunders and yep there it is BUT there's a :sensored: bracket on the shelter that won't let it turn , well at least I know that the shelter has to come off :sensored:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=91271#p91271:qadl91it said:
Ansimp » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 pm[/url]":qadl91it]
Nice mod :good:
Thanks.

Originally I needed to move the radiator forward for my alternator pulley to clear. In doing so I'd needed to extend the filler to the rear or relocate it.

Not very often the cap needs to come off since level gets checked by the recovery bottle but doing the mods like I do, many are experiments, it sure makes it easier to fill.

Well ended up takin out the right shelter bolt and give her a little lift on that side and was able to get the cap off, guess where all your coolant in your over flow goes when you do that :sensored: oh well at least I know the rad is full, did not want to take any chances on this trip. Going to WV via Johnstown,Pa. then to Somerset,Pa. to see the flight 93 memorial then on to WV. 5 day trip in all, shorter than we planned but we'll take what we can get.
Thanks for the reply guys
Winger 82 :hi: :hi: :hi:

Latest posts