Rear Brake Failure

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amd1229

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for helping me out with the brake light issue. Still not resolved but something more pressing just popped up (or out, I should say). I was backing out of my drive way with on my '83 1100 when BAM! something broke and I lost all brake break pressure. Somehow, the brake line snapped and the caliper came loose and rotated around the disk. I used a rubber mallet to get the caliper back in place but now I'm not sure what replacement parts to order. Except the brake line-I already ordered one of those. I'm just not sure if I need a bolt with a pin or a bolt without a pin. Along with the pictures of my rear brake broke, I'm including the exploded diagram from bike bandit. I think the pictures posted sideways so maybe your could lay your head sideways on the keyboard. Sorry about that ...lol :doh:
Thanks again!!

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/198 ... 3#sch22500

Attachments

• brake 1.JPG
    brake 1.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Brake 2.JPG
    Brake 2.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Brake 3.JPG
    Brake 3.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 142
amost certain it is a bolt with a cotter pin hole in it, you can also use a class 10 or 12 and drill a hole in it for a cotter pin but any good bolt shop should have what you need, or maybe honda still stocks it.
Also a high grade bolt with a nylon locknut would suffice. Use metric.
Almost forgot, the bolt should have a shoulder that extends all the way through the caliper mounting but short enough to tighten the bolt, if threaded to the end it will be weak on the threads , need to choose wisely.

Tip: Go back with all S.S. braided lines.

FYI: If this happened to me, I would critique all the fasteners and torque etc. especially on the vital safety related part's.

It sounds like you MC is blocked and the pads stayed locked on to the disc or your caliper Pistons jammed :(

Looks like part# 90124-392-000, & the others to make it work. Swing arm #14 on parts list

I don't see the bolt and nut you need in that diagram at all....nor does it show on the Honda Parts Manual. Ya might look around on the floor, and find the bolt....it had to have fallen out right there somewhere. :beg: