Rear brake peddle adjustment

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastmover83

Reaction score
I just switched from floorboards to foot pegs and I need to lower the rear brake peddle about an inch so it is below my foot instead of beside it. On my other bike there is a stop adjustment you can adjust and then you adjust the master cylinder rod, but my wing only has the rod, will shorting it lower the peddle or is there another adjustment I'm not seeing?

The adjusting bolt is for the travel on the MC. (Be careful not to adjust it down to the point the MC cannot be fully engaged.) The spring will always pull the pedal up level with the peg.

When I put my floor boards on, I had to adjust the rod from the brake pedal mechanism to the rear master cylinder. I can't remember if I lengthened it, or shortened it. Also, to raise the pedal to accomodate the floor board, the instructions said I had to cut a few turns off the return spring to make it shorter.

I'm guessing you might have to get a new return spring for your pedal, and re-adjust that rod going to your master cylinder.

You could always heat the pedal with a torch and bend it down yourself, I would recommend taking it of the bike and putting in into a vise first :builder: :mrgreen:

Thanks guys! I went with adjusting the MC rod and it seems to have solved the problem. I was going to test ride it last night, but discovered my headlight quit working for some unknown reason, so I'll have to fix that before I can test the brakes. Thanks again!

Latest posts