Rear Master Rebuild Caliper Rebuild

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRAFTMAN6001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello :hi:

I'm going to rebuild my rear caliper on my 78 GL1000. In the past I purchased a rebuild kit and never rebuilt the caliper. I will be replacing the line as well. The brake pedal is hard an it started dragging. I released the bleeder to free it. I plan on running early foot boards on my bike. The brake pedal looks like it could come in contact with the boards if fully pressed.

Are there any passages hidden (Master or caliper) that may need attention? Can the pedal be adjusted to grab earlier (up top) than later (Down low)? Any other stopping upgrades. I ride 2 up mostly. Thanks ..

Someone will chime in to say for sure but I believe there is a very small return hole in the master that must be cleared. If you increase the length of the pushrod to the pedal you can raise it some. Earlier actuation I'm not sure is possible beyond what you get with new brake pads. Be sure the pedal pivot is clean and well lubed.

Latest posts