Rebuild '82 Standard Wire Harness and Fuse Box

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a wrap! Well, harness wrapped at least. Glad to see it go from this:

image.php

image.php

To this:

image.php

image.php

image.php

Thanks Joe! It will be nice to have all wires inside the harness instead of the layers of loose wires I had spread all over the bike.

This harness now has all of the original 1982 functions working correctly plus:
*added a new radio circuit;
*added a new trailer wiring circuit;
*added a new headlight relay circuit;
*added a new circuit and fuse for the fan;
*added a new 12 volt socket with 5 volt USB charging point for plugging in any cellphone plus a power source to operate a portable air pump;
*added new positive wire from the battery to the fuses;
*added one spare 12 volt wire on a relay for future use;
*new brake light relay circuit that makes the brake lights instant (and much brighter) and;
*of course, what started this whole thing, the self cancelling turn signals work!

Beautiful work Gerry. It is amazing how your voltage improves by good connections and taking all the major loads out of the ignition switch circuit. I think by just adding power relays to the high loads of lights and fan it would be fine to run coils, gauges etc through the original ignition circuit. I guess when you are already adding relays it makes sense to use a relay circuit for the ignition so that there is no real load through the kill switch and ignition switch. Once again truly excellent work! :good: :salute:

Thanks guys! The harness is back on the bike, wired tied in place and tested again. Everything is working exactly as planned. Next is to open the speedo up and add some mileage back to it. I tried using an electric motor tied to the speedo cable, but even at 80 MPH, it is going to take a month to add 28,000 miles to the new speedo.

Last thing to do is clean sand and paint the tank side covers and fenders.

Latest posts