Recomended Honda Repair Manual

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, and new to "forums" alltogether.

Recently bought a cherry 1980 GL1100 with less than 10,000 miles and was looking for a recomended repair manual.
Any suggestions?

G'Day and welcome Rick
"with less than 10'000 miles", WOW
my 82 1100 has 146,000 kilometers (divided by whatever = ALOT of miles)
You will find the manual somewhere on this forum, you can print the lot out or just jump on here when you need it

Welcome to the CGW forums, Rick!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Click on the "Gallery" button at the top of the page, and you'll find several Goldwing manuals for reference. :eek:k:

Rick":2uais2ye said:
I'm new to this forum, and new to "forums" alltogether.

Recently bought a cherry 1980 GL1100 with less than 10,000 miles and was looking for a recomended repair manual.
Any suggestions?

Welcome Rick.

I prefer the Honda Service manual but the Clymer manual has some good information also so I would say those 2 are a must to have.

Clymer

gee has it had the first oil change yet??? was it frozen in a glacier???? somebody time capsule it?? that is still a new wing... milage wise.. be sure to look over all the rubber components.. seals, hoses, boots, etc.. as time is a killer on these and not miles..

Thanks for the nice welcome!
Yea, I was just as surprised and excited.
I did discover the manual on the forum and decided to go ahead and purchase
the Clymer version since it was the one provided for the forum.

Still new to this forum process, so I hope I have succesfully
attached a photo of my new find. If not, I'll keep trying.

Attachments

• My Honda GL1100i 001.JPG
    My Honda GL1100i 001.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 993
hey guys.
how's everything in florida, new jersey and cal-ee-forn-i-a?
beautiful here in west texas.

to answer your question dan, it's a gold pinstripe. your right, the sunlight skewed the color.

so far so good with this beauty. i replaced the windshield, mirrors and rear suspension. went with standard shock and springs.
but will be busy soon replacing the front brake and fork seals. seems to be common, but sure can't complain.
maybe the timing belt as well. either way, i love it. however, can't take my mind off the st1300. but i'm quickly reminded of that
old saying about having cake and eating it too.

Rick":ipj8074i said:
rear suspension. went with standard shock and springs.

Hey Rick what are you going to do with the shocks you removed?? I need to rebuild mine and if I could get a set I could rebuild them and then take mine off and rebuild them also as backups.. Joe in Dallas.. ( my wife attended college in Alpine)

hey joe,
sul ross huh? good for her. well, it's been six months since i replaced the shocks.
i did it at a friends shop, and never considered anything other than throwing them out.
my friends good at keeping things around, i can check to see if he still has them.
if so, happy to send em' your way.

Rick":2hsqhc8v said:
hey joe,
sul ross huh? good for her. well, it's been six months since i replaced the shocks.
i did it at a friends shop, and never considered anything other than throwing them out.
my friends good at keeping things around, i can check to see if he still has them.
if so, happy to send em' your way.

Great will wait to hear from you.. (should have replied sooner.. forgot my manners..)

Latest posts