Restore Wars 2 Clutch not bleeding was full of dust???

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightcorona

Reaction score
I have a 1984 Goldwing 1200 that has been sitting for awhile. I removed clutch master cover and it had dry dusty material inside. I am assuming the fluid just evaporated. I cleaned at the top and added DOT 3 to just purge the lines. I repeated pumping and letting out fluid and it would build up light pressure but not solid like I would expect. I am wondering if the master or the slave or both need rebuilding or is it just I am missing something.

The clutch will never have a "solid" feel like the brake lever. You might want to purchase a vacuum brake bleeder...they're cheap, and really help to get all the air out.

If the reservoir was dry, there might be a leak at the slave cylinder or fluid lines.

Well update on that. The master lever is stiff now after I did a little more bleeding. It won't compress all the way to the grip without force. Is the slave stuck???I am having terrible thoughts here.

Latest posts