Restore Wars Rear brake caliper won't compress both cylinder

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightcorona

Reaction score
I am restore 1984 Goldwing 1200 and one of the many issues is I cleaned rear caliper and the cylinders won't compress back in together. I can do one and the other pushes out. Is there a clog or do I just need to release the pressure? On cars I was always able to just push them back in with a C clamp.

hmmmmmm seems you have to have two clamps to keep from pushing to other out ...if there is a blockage this is also the only way to really power it open ...but should be hook up the line and fluid involved

If you can only do one at a time, push one down and use a socket to hold it in place while you push the other down. Or do like Dan said. What ever gets the job done.

it only let me push it back when I did one at a time and then only when I opened the bleeder the resevoir is at the add level. It isn't running back.

Okay. Get both pistons started with an old brake pad and a c clamp. Both calipers hooked up to the lines up to the master. Tighten the C clamp a bit at a time pushing the pistons into the calipers. Return hole is very tiny and likely plugged. Once it opens the C clamp will push the pistons in fully with some effort.

Latest posts