REVERSED TRIKE

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my wifes badly damaged legs,and her asking to get back on the bike,I haave been researching options after the sidecar.(Youngest child is now 14 so I am looking way ahead)

I have considered
TowPac and Voyager conversions,but dont usaully here good reviews,

Real trike conversion but that can be pricey for an old bike unless you are handier than me.

Ive considered trading up to newer GW trike,And more recently the CanAm Spyder touring models which are cheaper than a Wing+Trike kit,and they say handle so much better,but still pricey for a guy who likes to stay out of dept and I love MY bike and would hate to replace it.

All of these are as I said are future planning.We always said we would travel more together when the last kid was grown,and I would hate for her handicap to keep us(her) home.

But I have seen another alternative lately.Not much info on the web site,and sketchy paint on the GL1500 but I am likeing it.

www.tridtrike.com

I am curious about the price and air flow over the radiator.What do you think?

I didn't see any prices there but it does look like there's enough ground clearance to get air to the radiator.
120993.jpg

boy the wing is iffy on the air but okay id say but close you know the thing is going to have some down sides but the pluses seem huge.....theres a guy wanting to bring his reversr trike to me to finish as he has lost a place to work on it ....if that happens i will know a lot more on this ...his is home made and looks rather well....for just slightly different reasons he was wanting the same thing as you

2042409.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: No way!! :nea:

Now, the yaller/blue one looks much mo betta, but...looks kinda bulky in the front, to me. I guess you'd really need to ride one first, to see how it actually feels/handles. Just looks weird to me.
That being said, if I were in the same position, I'd be looking at all alternatives, too. :good:

I think airflow to the rad will be better, on the road, than a normal 'Wing. It's got kinda a ram-air thing goin on there, and I assume there are ducts in that bodywork to direct the airflow where it needs to be. Around town, tho....Idano.... :heat:

AApple":cvd1smiq said:
2042409.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: No way!! :nea:

Now, the yaller/blue one looks much mo betta, but...looks kinda bulky in the front, to me. I guess you'd really need to ride one first, to see how it actually feels/handles. Just looks weird to me.
That being said, if I were in the same position, I'd be looking at all alternatives, too. :good:

That looks WAY too wide to me :headscratch:

slabghost":1e6r49zb said:
I didn't see any prices there but it does look like there's enough ground clearance to get air to the radiator.
120993.jpg

Almost looks like a Spyder! They are pretty cool rides I hear.

Yes,they are rather spyder ish.That does not bother me,I kinda like the spyders as far as trikes go.
Dan you are right,the HD is quit a bit wider than the GW and the funky front end does not help.But the snowmobile front end (If painted to macth) isnt as bad.
He E-mailed me back today.Still no pricing but states that each one is a custom job.

Latest posts