Seafoam use clarification

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badwench

Reaction score
80 1100 Interstate

Want to try the seafoam route. I have drained all fuel bowls and removed what gas I could from fuel pump. Just bought a 12 oz can of Seafoam for fuel systems. How much should I try and put in via the fuel pump while cranking only?

TKS All,
Jim

Hi Jim,
I don't have an answer for the exact thing you ask and I am brand new to Seafoam but I did as someone else suggested and have run a couple tank of gas with Seafoam added as per the can instructions and I put the last few ounces in the crankcase with the oil....I will change the oil in about another 1k miles and just go straight oil I think.
I am quite leased that my ol'buddy seems to be running smoother than before and it seems to smooth out sooner when started in the morning....I am all for another can run with a few tanks of gas just to make sure I am getting things cleaned up good...
Very pleased to have learned this....
You may be trying something else so I'll leave and let others chime in who know what that is....
Good luck
Brian in NM

I went ahead and put about 2/3 of can in to the carbs via the fuel pump and cranking only. Will let set a day or so and drain floats. :Egyptian: I may have messed up as other post I read afterwards talked of using Seafoam Motor treatment and not the Seafoam fuel treatment. Will post results.

badwench":1gkqiyk9 said:
I went ahead and put about 2/3 of can in to the carbs via the fuel pump and cranking only. Will let set a day or so and drain floats. :Egyptian: I may have messed up as other post I read afterwards talked of using Seafoam Motor treatment and not the Seafoam fuel treatment. Will post results.
It should do fine. I'd just reconnect the fuel line and fire it up when ready. It might smoke some but should fire up fine.

slabghost":ypfxz4yw said:
.... It might smoke some .....

I bet it will clear every mesquito in a 5 mile radius.

I don't know, never ran on pure Seafoam before but let us know what it does!

dan filipi":158j2d6f said:
slabghost":158j2d6f said:

Pics !!! send pics when you fire that old girl up gotta see how much straight seafoam will smoke :cool!: :cool!: :cool!:

:smilie_happy: Might look like blown head gaskets all white and purty. :smilie_happy: No worries though it will clear right up.

dan filipi":1amu98fj said:
slabghost":1amu98fj said:

I don't think it will run on straight Seafoam? :!: :ahem: ;)

Latest posts