• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling some 1100 parts to raise money for a replacement engine

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
Ok, you all know that I'm trying to find a replacement engine for my wing. I've finally decided to go through and see what I have that I can let loose and try to raise the money for this. Here's the list. The prices are negotiable, but all will have to have shipping added to them.

Stock 1100 exhaust. It has some pin holes down the bottom of the right side, but nothing that can't be repaired. $75 plus shipping

A rear fender. It was on the bike, and for sure it will need to be repainted. $25 plus shipping.

A Honda line fairing mount. $15 plus shipping

An 1100 headlight. The reflector and lens. It will need a good cleaning. $10 plus shipping.

Headlight adjuster for an 1100 fairing. $10 plus shipping.

Once the old engine is out, I'll have a set of chrome valve covers. Not much to look at, but they'll work in a pinch. $15 plus shipping.

I've also got a set of rear air shocks that I had planned on putting on my bike, but never got around to it. If it helps me get closer to finding a replacement engine, I'll let them go as well. I know that the oil will have to be replaced in them, but not sure of anything else on them. Bought them off flea bay a while ago.

Hi plskthompson1

what year is the exhaust off?
can you post some pics of everything?

Thanks bro.
I have a noisy aftermarket exhaust... and I like it, but think I'd much prefer the quiet stockers.

The exhaust is off an 80 1100. Like I stated before, there are a few holes in the right side, but easily fixed. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

isure hope things start working out thomson .....i feel bad cause i just got a new bike and a parts bike and a 1200 motor for a new project ....but nothing that can help you....but keep the effort up im sure things will change and go the other way..... :cool:

plskthompson1":2luuinhb said:
The exhaust is off an 80 1100. Like I stated before, there are a few holes in the right side, but easily fixed. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

so I'm guessing its the black pipes with the chrome heatshields.
I like the looks of those.
I have 1 more place around here to check for parts... but my son is planning a trip to KY this week... maybe we could save on shipping, and get you a few bucks.

think he's gonna be around bowling green.

jim idont think so on the black pipes thats an early 1000 exhast 75-77 thing if ther stock exhast there proably chrome but would proably bolt right up on your bike ....im somewhat guessing there....

joedrum":rml2lngn said:
jim idont think so on the black pipes thats an early 1000 exhast 75-77 thing if ther stock exhast there proably chrome but would proably bolt right up on your bike ....im somewhat guessing there....

Thanks Joe,
You're right bro...
found a picture .. looks just like the 83'
all chrome.

1980.jpg

1983.jpg

You're right, joedrum. They're chrome front to back. I know they'll bolt straight up to the heads, not real sure about the rear mounts though.

I live in southern TN, but I'm sure we could work out something.

plskthompson1":2aiylket said:
You're right, joedrum. They're chrome front to back. I know they'll bolt straight up to the heads, not real sure about the rear mounts though.

I live in southern TN, but I'm sure we could work out something.

Rear mounts are the same.

Latest posts