Short windshield

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy Wilson

Reaction score
I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a nice 81 with 27k miles I just got and have really enjoyed it. I like looking over the stock windshield but notice a bit of buffeting. I was wondering if anybody had ever cut their windshield down kind of like the Street glide or the Victory Cross country to clean up the air flow. I like the looks but don't know if it would blow you around to much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
Pappy Wilson

Welcome to the CGW forums.

I've never tried shorter than stock but I've gone taller and buffeting increased so I would guess shorter would reduce buffeting but allow more wind in the face.
My opinion is I think the stock windshield is a good compromise both ways.
Right now I have one on that's slightly taller than stock and extends down the side on top of the fairing. So far I'm liking it.

I tried shorter and did not like it. But, it was quite a bit shorter than stock. It might work for you though. If you pay the shipping, I will ship the short shield to you. It has a crack in the lower area but for the cost of shipping you could find out if you liked it.

Hit me with a PM if you are interested.

Howdy welcome from North TEXAS ... have the stock height shield on mine and it hits meright above the eyes... wish mine was 3 -4 inches taller... ( I had to replace the shield when I got the bike a PO had "rolled his own" so to speak and when I got up to speed it would lean back at me..)

How bout a short one like mine.. Its made of wire mesh and is great for maximum airflow and is awesome for catchin bugs :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts