Starter Solenoid wiring

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterDas

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 83 "new to me" Aspy. The previous owner cut the plug off the four wires that plug into the solenoid. I need help figuring out which wires go to which pin. The colors match the wiring diagram, but I don't see any labeling or the pins. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pete in Texas

Have you had a look at the color wiring diagram yet:

(click for larger image)

Are you hooking up to a stock starter solenoid?
Can you more specific which wires you have a question about?

Maybe a picture will help.. this is my 85 wiring at the solenoid.. same for the 1100...

Attachments

• solenoid wires.png
    solenoid wires.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 406
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106846#p106846:2toda8ty said:
Joep » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 pm[/url]":2toda8ty]
Maybe a picture will help.. this is my 85 wiring at the solenoid.. same for the 1100...
file.php

That is exactly what I needed, Thank you. Trying to get back to square one so I can troubleshoot the starting. The PO just hacked into the wiring without much knowledge and was cutting out plugs. Thanks to you both for responding.

Pete in Texas

the red wire comes from the fuse and goes to the ignition switch.. power for the whole bike's systems run through this wire... the red/white also comes off the fuse and is the + wire to the r/r.. the yellow/red wire is the wire from the starter switch.... and the green/red wire comes from the cut off switch...

Latest posts