Stella should be sporting a external alternator this year

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryinmich57

Reaction score
Well I ordered a 50 amp one wire alternator for Stella yesterday. So now I have to get off my butt and out of this chair :whip: and figure out a way to get her up off the garage floor (because I am to old to sit my butt down on that floor) besides I would have to keep getting up to get a wrench or screwdriver.
I see almost everyone runs a flat belt but I think the alternator comes with a v belt pully so I will have to make a v belt pully for her once I get the covers off and get some dimensions for it figured out.
So wish Stella good luck on her pending surgery :beg: .
As she is putting her future in my hands.(like she has a choice) :smilie_happy: lets all hope I am up to the task.
Jerry

hello, I used a pulley from an older toyota v-belt ( don't know the model just know it is a 3.75 inch diameter power steering pump pulley) had to make a spacer for it (used a 1/2 inch brass theaded fitting , drilled center to fit bolt and than machined outside diameter to fit pulley). hope your conversion works out well for you :eek:k: :laptop:

Thanks for the replys and info I know you can never have enough info on hand when starting a first time project.
Maybe with a sucessful conversion I can help someone else when they have to do it.
Jerry

Latest posts