that ol' antifreeze smell

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joep

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know when antifreeze leaks and you get that smell?? well if you can not find a leak but smell it and you haven't done any maiant on the cooling system you may want to check the fron of the waterpump housing... It got this after going over a train track.. not sure if it was cracked already or not.. (did replace belts so had the radiator off..)

Attachments

• waterpump outlet.jpeg
    waterpump outlet.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 202
Yeah.. it is okay road into work last night no sweet smell... when it happened there was no gush of fluid ... not until I stopped at the next light and then the poodle started forming at my feet... (1/4 mile from where it happened)

Quick tip here Joe, train tracks are for trains, roads are for bikes dont mix em up and this stuff wont happen to you :) sorry, couldnt help it :)

That is a big hole, guessing the thermostate was closed at the time. Lucky stuff mate

yeah I know about the tracks... I can't ride a striaght line like that I prefer to go 90 degress on these... and no the thermo should havebeen open by then.. 12 miles from work on warm day and temp guage off the red still to left of middle.. started to heat up when I got into the parking lot..