The polishing sickness

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told myself I wouldn't go nuts on the Goldwing - since there's a lot of metal (aluminum) on a Goldwing. I DID go nuts on my Vmax a few years back. There's a lot of aluminum on a Vmax, too.

But, polished aluminum looks really good. It definitely looks better than beat, scratched, corroded or otherwise not nice bits. And all it takes is a little time and elbow grease. Eventually, I gave in to my natural urge to polish. A Goldwing. One with lots of aluminum.

So, it started with the Markland stuff, bumper corners and floorboards. So, then the timing covers started looking kinda shabby. (Valve covers are Drag Specialties chrome). Then - astonishing as it may seem - I actually polished the oil fill cap. (Yeah, I know). So, thinking that the right side of the motor still needed a bit of "pop", today I went so far as to yank the final gear cover and...gulp...polish that up, too.

I guess it beats buying stuff, and it keeps me outta the bars.
image.php

image.php

You know, I could complain about the Arizona summer heat - and I'd be lying if I didn't say it sucked. But, this is the time of year when getting into the garage is a welcome diversion. I spend a lot of time out there.

Also, I would like to apologize for starting yet another polishing thread. "AFTER" I'd posted, I got lots of "similar" threads linked at the bottom of the page. (A nice feature of this forum software). But, I should have known this topic had been beaten to death already.

Still, there's something therapeutic about pulling bits that are kinda ugly, spending a bit of time while jamming to some decent tunes and coming out the other end with nicer bits.

Latest posts