Things Got Hot

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The switch has to have a good ground coming to it, too, so I would also check to make sure that side of the wiring is in good shape. If you jump across the two terminals and the fan comes on(key ON), that tells you all the wiring is workable. If the fan doesn't run even jumping the terminals, there is a beak in the wire from the switch to the fan, or the switch is not getting a good ground to it. :builder:

Bad thermo switch, hooked it up directly with a switch that I had on the fairing so I can turn it on when it starts to warm up. I want to ride this weekend and I'll take the radiator off next week sometime and change it out. I don't have anymore of them so I will have to order a new one I guess. Will keep you all advised and thanks so much for the help.

There's a fuse on the frame under the seat marked, for fan. :good: May have looked there already, but easy to miss when you only look in fuse box for bad fuse's. :yes:

I wondered if there was another one. Where would that be? I have the fan going and all seems well, I just have to switch it on when it starts to get warm. I will get rid of that when I get another sensor.

If the fan runs by grounding it, it has power.....it's not a fuse problem.

My switch is working fine. I may not replace the thermo switch since they're $99. It can be turned on whenever I feel it's getting warm, like half way up the gauge, or whatever. Nice to have the control. I am going to install a digital water temp gauge as well like the video that was posted.

Now I am going to concentrate on the front forks and getting a smoother ride. Things are way too choppy right now.

Though I haven't tried it personally, I read that there's a geo thermo switch that works as a replacement at a fraction of the cost. The on/off temps are a little different but acceptable. Seems like I read also the thread is a bit different but there are guys saying they're running it with no problems.

Personally I prefer automatic because I'd rather not have to watch the temp for when it needs turned on or run the fan more than needed.