Timing belts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not attempt to change them till you fully understand how and the dangers of it ....you can trash the whole motor in the clutches of inexperience on getting it right ...id start by reading others work and how to :mrgreen:

Change the belts, and follow the directions for changing them. I would also adjust the valves while your at it.
Once you change the belts, turn the engine over by hand two complete revolutions, DO NOT turn it over with the starter.

Thanks guys I'll change them I suspected they should be changed but was hoping someone would tell me it was unnecessary. also needs carbs cleaned and synced. I 've cleaned carbs on snow machines and bike's before so I think I can handle it and thanks to this form the belts should be no problem, very good tech info and pics showing timing marks ext. on these pages.
I was cruising at 85 mph and wondering what would happen if a belt broke,CATASTOPIE :head bang:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102158#p102158:28cmwgo4 said:
OldWrench » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:13 am[/url]":28cmwgo4]
I would also adjust the valves while your at it.
:ahem: 1200 are auto hydraulic :moped:

I got the belts Friday read through the info on belt replacement a few more times and the job went without any trouble :good: The old belts still looked pretty good, but there new now, piece of mind is worth a fortune.
The to you all for the help.