Unknown Cable

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GILLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was doing some under the false tank, (the three yellow wire solder job) and ran across
this cable just before you get to the battery.
0804111132.jpg

The cable has a number on it that I think is a #2014. The other end of the cable goes up
to the throttle contral next the throttle cable connection.

Any ideas to what this might be used for?

Oh, by the way, the three yellow wire solder job worked out great. It needed it. The connections
were corroded and looked to be overheating. Thanks to Dan's video, it was a snap.

Attachments

• 0804111133.jpg
    0804111133.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 177
I looked at the picture on my phone earlier. On the small screen it looked like an antenna cable but my puter it's easy to tell that's one of the throttle cables.

If you can accelerate then the mystery cable is the "push" cable or if both push and pull are connected then that could be an old broken cable which was never removed.

Thanks guys, I'm going to go out and take some more pics of the end of that cable.
and also the connection at the throttle and get them posted.

Ok, this is why you trust in the help given from all the great people in this forum.
You are all dead on. It is a throttle cable. See Pics.
The first time I didn't take a good look at the end of the cable.
Well, I my as well get both cables coming and replace both at the same time.
Replace the fuel filter while I'am in there.

Thanks again for all your help :thanks:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 147
I put new throttle cables in earlier this year. Of course, I could not just throw out the old ones without looking. Lots of rust and they were close to breaking. I dodged a bullet there.

Andyb":1r1uta8f said:
I put new throttle cables in earlier this year. Of course, I could not just throw out the old ones without looking. Lots of rust and they were close to breaking. I dodged a bullet there.

I got in the habit from offroading of pulling the cables once a year and cleaning the crap and debris and re lubing them. It gives you an annual inspection, and a chance to replace them before going out to ride, and having failure. I use synthetic grease.