USA 4 Corners Tour

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213821#p213821:uleo0slv said:
PurpleGL1200I » Today- 8:12[/url]":uleo0slv]
If you ride back to Madawaska from Key West, that's another 2086 miles (not a short hop). No matter how you slice or dice it, an epic ride!! :clapping: :party: :rocks:

For the official USA 4 Corners you don't need to complete the 4th leg back to the beginning but I was close since the bike and I did the trip back to mid coast Maine about 250miles short of Madawaska. The last 600+ was solo. I dropped my wife off in Annapolis with her mother then I completed riding up on Saturday 10/12, then drove the cage down on 10/13 then drove back home on 10/13. After 3 weeks on the bike the cage was a magic carpet only one stop going down :) My wife could easily have done the last part but my mother-in-law was dog sitting and had events so we got there just in time.

Still recuperating. I was down in the garage and looking the bike over this morning. Looks like I blew out the left fork seal and have a bit a weeping on the drive shaft housing to rear joint. But the worst thing is the DIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG it's going to take weeks to get this bike back to clean :( Most amazingly the tires still look pretty nice. The front literally still looks nearly new while the rear has plenty of tread be a bit of cupping. I can't feel the cupping while riding, but it's there. I put Michelin Commander 2 tire on just before the ride, they have about 11k on them now. I would recommend the Michelin tires. I remember replacing the rear on my BMW twice during the ride back in 1999. I think I was running some kind of Bridgestone, but no matter tire tech has greatly advanced in 20 years.

Anyway, I'd say over all not bad for a 10,023.3 mile scoot around the nation. The Honda knows how to make a great machine!

Latest posts