Value of a Saddlebag Lid...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cervantes

Reaction score
So, on my new/old Goldwing, the right side Calafia saddlebag is missing its lid. I checked on Ebay and there happens to be a guy selling a few of these! I wrote him to see if he has one in my size.

The ones he does have listed run from $10 to something like $25, which sounds really good... but when I saw the shipping was an additional $18, I started to wonder. Is the total of 35 - $50 still a good deal, or am I better off looking around - hopefully locally (If I could find a good motorcycle wrecking yard in Southern ID, Northern UT.)

Since for all I know, these may be as rare as hen's teeth and hard to find at double that price, Or it may be an easy item to find for much cheaper once I know where to look?

Thoughts?
Cervantes

Don't miss out on a needed, hard to find part, because of a few dollars. I learned that lesson the hard way.

I agree with the rest if you need it get it. I'm with you I don't like to pay inflated shipping and handling charges :cheeky:. But freight has gone up quite a bit over the last few years with the fuel cost and how far they have to go.

Sounds great. So long as he has one my size (wide) I will get it.

I Will have to try to match the colors with the other side, but I think it will be tough to match. Perhaps I can find a nice complimentary dark blue and paint the lids of both of them.... but I am getting ahead of myself again! ;-)

Now hopefully the guy will write me back about the size I need.

Later,
Cervantes

Grr! Turns out - after all of that, the guy sold out of the wide lids (which I need) and just hadn't updated things on ebay. So back to the drawing board.

This has still been helpful, because now if I see one at the bone yard or anywhere else I will have a much better idea if it is a good deal or not. So thank you all! If anyone knows where a good deal on a lid it (Calafia wide) let me know.

Thanks all,
Jeffery

- I need to think of a name for my bike! My Crown bus is the Vagabonda, my old Alfa was Guilia (sounds like Julia)... The wing needs a name!

Latest posts