• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: 82 front fender

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a stock like-new front fender in black with gold pin striping. My f/f was always the worst looking body part on old girlfriend due to the leaking seals the PO neglected(lots of clear coat missing plus a few paint chips missing). Well it's worser now, a couple weeks ago I forgot to take my cable lock off :head bang: , and scrubbed a large area of paint off, if the fender had been metal I doubt it would have been salvageable.

I also doubt anyone here has one they don't need, so I have an idea: I don't Ebay, and have no interest in learning how to Ebay, but I know many of you do, and you also use Paypal which I do use. I was wondering if anyone of our longtime members that knows/trusts me would be willing to help me find that f/f on Ebay, then let me Paypal you the funds(before the sale) for the part and shipping to my crib. :blush:

~O~

What size front wheel do you have?
I bought a brand spanking new front fender last year (Black with gold stripes) that was supposed to fit my '81 but was the wrong size. My front wheel was too large.

Sorry I missed this Steve! The new guy has yet to send me a pic of his fender, so I might get yours, I really want it. Got a pic of yours? TTYL, stuck at work atm. Wheel size is standard for a 82. :beg:

~O~

I'm not sure on the size, I'm getting conflicting info on the front tire size for the '82.
Verify what size your front tire is. If it's the 18" it will fit your bike.
If it's the 18", let me know and I'll take a picture and post it.

Hey Omega man
Your forum bud chasrogers gave me a heads up on the saunders site
said you were looking for a fender.
I have this one.
img0764i.jpg

I don't think its from and interstate though - don't those have a flared tail as in it flares out each side of the fender a little at the back end?

I got it off ebay (probably paid too much - rookie). Was going to use on my project bike, but it has taken a few incarnations since I took it down to the frame.

It is in good shape except on the other side the paint had flaked away where it attaches to the fork.

I have a blue one that if the flare is an interstate then this one has it. You could repaint?

I'm looking to get an interstate myself. I miss not having a fairing.

In the meantime I signed up and will check out ya'lls forum. I've been hanging out at naked goldwing.com mostly and a little over at the saunders site. Guess I need to branch out.

El D

Thanks El D, I'm going to check one other first before I decide, I would prefer to have the flared one but that isn't a deal breaker. I'll let you know asap.

Welcome to the forums! and if you haven't already please make an introduction thread in the "New members" section. You won't be sorry we are a great bunch. :hi:

~O~

Ok

DOH!

I was looking in the member list and saw a lot of familiar names from ngw.

I didn't realize I had already signed up to this forum under Pony Ruiz - (same as on the other two forums)

I just went and used a different screen name. El Duque - my dog's name!

Anyway,

I'll use Pony Ruiz

what should we do now.

Bob

El Duque":3j3o7uzn said:
Ok

DOH!

I was looking in the member list and saw a lot of familiar names from ngw.

I didn't realize I had already signed up to this forum under Pony Ruiz - (same as on the other two forums)

I just went and used a different screen name. El Duque - my dog's name!

Anyway,

I'll use Pony Ruiz

what should we do now.

Bob

One of our guys here has one that might be flared, I just want to check that one out first. Welcome back long lost brother.

~O~

El Duque":q6c9d6db said:
I was wondering about my dual identity.

Can you delete "El Duque" and I just use "Pony Ruiz" from now on?

or just let "El Duque" die on the vine....?

I don't want to confuse anyone.

I'll change these past post's author to Pony Ruiz and delete the El Duque account, so use Pony Ruiz from now on.

dan filipi":1ew7hry4 said:
I'll change these past post's author to Pony Ruiz and delete the El Duque account, so use Pony Ruiz from now on.
El Duque was such a nice guy, I'm gonna miss him. :hihihi: :hihihi:

Pony Ruiz...welcome back!! :clapping:

Omega Man":2qjtw7rb said:
The rim says 18x MT2.50 Isn't that the correct size? The PO had a penchant for switching parts around like our Joe.

~O~

Well, my '81 has a 19" front wheel, so this should fit yours fine. I thought the front wheel had changed to an 18" in 82, but couldn't confirm it for sure.

It is a flaired fender. I installed a new badge on the fender before I found out it wouldn't fit.

Attachments

• Dscn2315.jpg
    Dscn2315.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Dscn2317.jpg
    Dscn2317.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Dscn2322.jpg
    Dscn2322.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Dscn2314.jpg
    Dscn2314.jpg