• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted, GL1100 trunk parts.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapnDenny1

Reaction score
What I am looking for is the mounting hardware on the bottom of the removable trunk. I have this crazy idea of making a sissy bar that can be put on in place of the trunk for local or 1 up riding. But then easily just unlatch it and put the regular trunk back on. I don't want or even need the trunk, just the mounting hardware. Anybody have a broken trunk with good hardware? I'll offer $20 for the set of 4 pieces of mounting hardware, and you can keep the trunk.

I just need the two brackets that clip into the grab rail and the two posts that then push down where the locks are. I have the grab rail and the locks are all OK. You can unbolt the two front clips from the trunk bottom, and the two posts are riveted in that can be drilled out. Or you could just ship the whole thing if you'd prefer. It would be cheaper to just ship the parts I need. I don't need the plastic trunk.

Next I will figure out some way to mount the passenger arm rests that bolt to the frame, onto the trunk. Then I can switch easily from mini van mode (trunk-arm rests) to bad boy biker mode (sissy bar).

Thanks,

Dennis

Ok, down to 102 in the shade ouch! Should have wore shoes on the concrete!

I'll drill the rivets and unbolt the other.

$25 with shipping OK? PM your address to me.
You could save separate shipping for some stickers and patches included in the box (hint, hint)

Sure, throw a patch and a sticker in there. Let me know what the total is. I will have to wait till next Friday to send it to you. Can you do paypal, or should I send a check? I will send the check sooner, but it won't be any good till next Friday.