What are you doing this holiday weekend (or what should you be doing)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Well I should be going for a ride today but right now I'm in the office writing a couple invoices.
In between that I sent pictures of my '83 seat to someone at NGW.

I was working on some Gallery updates earlier, plan to continue on that shortly.

Around 10:30 the whole clan is going to Huntington beach to meet some good friends to hang out on the beach for the day.

That's about it for today.

Tomorrow I'm going for a early ride.
I'll probably head out to Lancaster area, desert is my favorite place to be in the morning.
I might get up around 4am and hit the road.
Reminds me I need to check some stuff on the bike today.

Around 5PM the lady I call my wife and I are going to her folks to play cards.
Always good dinner there and plenty of beer :beer:

Monday......not sure yet but another ride should be in order.

I don't want to talk about the day after Monday, I want to enjoy the weekend :music2:

todays my wifes birthday .....we were going to a music festival where im sure i would have to play drums ....wife decided it was way to hot for her to go and didnt want me to to be pushed into playing and have to recouperate for days ....so im not sure .....i think were going riding later in the day ....after things cool down ....it was over a 100 degrees here yesterday .....tomarrow im peaching at the church ....i dont have problem being in front of people but talking at the same time is going to be something im not used to :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

afterwards will probably a comical continuos joke on my rambleing words id say :party: :mrgreen:

monday im dont know either..... :mrgreen:

What am I doing today? Ida no...Mama ain't told me yet! :mrgreen:
It's our 17th anny today, so I'm sure we'll be doing....sumptim.... :Doh2:
:hihihi:

going over to my mom's and hang curtians today. they say its going to storm later today and a chance of storms all weekend so i'm not making any plans. hey post #1000 am i inthe pal club yet :mrgreen:

Some of uswill be working for a company that doesnt beleve in hoildays and if this weekend is like most people are not out buying but they cant figure that out all the bigwigs al they want is money

Right now I'm at the library checking my email, since we don't have internet at home anymore. Thought I'd drop in and check out wassappening at CGW for a minute. Don't know about the rest of the weekend. I hope I clean the bike.

detdrbuzzard":36wt6chn said:
hey post #1000 am i inthe pal club yet :mrgreen:

Your already in the Pal club. :salute:

The next increase in rank is to Senior Member at 1500 posts. :cool:

Last night married off my son. This morning sent them off on a cruse, taking back the tuxes. Just trying to recover
from last three days. :beer: :beer: :beer: Think I'll try to take a ride sunday in the morning while it is cool. :heat:

Don't have any plans yet for the rest of sunday.
Got to work Monday, no big deal, just 4 or 5 hours. :crying: :crying:

Other than that, LIFE IS GOOD.

..I've been working...putting my bike all back together.....running sweet....had to get all the other stuff on it....i don't remember taking all that stuff off.... :heat: ...the good woman of the house has been :whip: my tail all day...we need to go to town....we need to get this, that,,,,,now i'm tired....going for a ride sunday..... :clapping:

Had a nice breakfast out with my wife and did our normal stuff for a Saturday. A ride tomorrow in the AM sounds nice before the weather heats up. Haven't ridden in a bit. Best wishes to those back East and now in the Gulf. Hope for better days, for all really. Will stay local on Monday. Too many people traveling on the road. Maybe we'll go see a movie in the afternoon: :popcorn: . Need to stop and get some cheap snacks to bring in with us. I bet most of us can remember a nickle candy bar and a 10 cent soda :yes:

Out of work 7am sat morn. Back in at 3pm to 7am sunday morn. Sleeeeeep! back to work again at 11pm sunday night to monday 7am. Sleeep somemore work again at 11pm monday to tuesday 7 am. Off to following friday 11pm. DId someone say holiday weekend? I've heard of those before. Just fond memories now. Idon't get weekends anymore. Security don't get holidays or weekends. just F*******><&^%$#@ED.

just got power back after 2 days off and on..
had a couple 'not so good' days of weather... got to watch a transformer fry, and a power pole burn to a crisp..
high winds yesturday and rain knocked out local substation and power company worked all day and most of the night setting a temporary substation.

on a brighter note, had a visit with my dad, he brought his 1200 for timing belts :)
also had a good time with friends at a BBQ and a few hands of eucher.
supposed to ride today, but will probly just get ready for work on tuesday...
lots to do to get the house back in order...
sure looking forward to meeting new kids and a new year at work.

did you loose power with last nights storms jim? when i was living at the house before this one the transformer started shooting sparks out the top like some sort of 4th of july display then it slid down the pole hit the ground and blew up blowing oil all over the back of everyones garage, no fire though. took a ride the last two mornings to evaluate the walmart gelpad vs my m/c gelpad then i doubled up on the walmart gelpads today

detdrbuzzard":1wr0bm41 said:
did you loose power with last nights storms jim? when i was living at the house before this one the transformer started shooting sparks out the top like some sort of 4th of july display then it slid down the pole hit the ground and blew up blowing oil all over the back of everyones garage, no fire though.

heard the transformer when the power went out the first time around 2am friday. and around 4 am friday it burst into flames and the oil dripped out down the pole and caught erverything on fire... I have some video from just after I called 911.
took them 30+ min. but they got it out.

then the storms yesturday took out the power again... so only had power for a couple hrs. the last 2 days.

took a ride the last two mornings to evaluate the walmart gelpad vs my m/c gelpad then i doubled up on the walmart gelpads today
I thought about doubling those too.. but I think just single pad would be great for me.

unless you have really long legs don't do it. my inseam is about 33" and with two walmart gelpads it was too tall and you will need to trim the pad at the front of your seat and make it narrower

Omega Man":2vluc1o4 said:
I'm a lil :sensored: 'd. The daughter asked my wife to house sit for her for the second weekend in a row.

Why am I complaining? :headscratch:

~O~

Sneak out, she'll never know you went for a ride. :smilie_happy: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Will she!

Had a golf outing today, didn't win much but the beer was cold and the food was great and we did not get wet :music: :music: :music:

Ah, golf. A nice stroll through beautiful countryside, spoiled by chasing a little white ball that never seems to go where you intended. That's only a problem if you forget it's a game, or try to make a living at it. Since this was an outing, I'm guessing there were several beer carts on the course. Those were good times way back when. Ya must of had fun.

Latest posts