What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redid the wireing so the ring of fire would lite up and reinstalled the rotor covers the went to belle isle, over to my mom's, out to my sisters then to ann arbor, mi and belleville, mi before making my way back home

Worked on "Atila" and removed the ignition switch to take to locksmith for a new key, stock electric fuel pump was missing but found an inline one(new looking) laying on top of engine and saw that all the fuel lines where new, pulled the spark plug wires and water was standing in three of four spark plug holes so unplugged the weep holes. Battery was new when I bought the bike and it's been on battery tender, coolant is up to par and oil is clean as can be, must have just been changed, so it won't be to much longer and I'm gonna attempt to fire this heifer up. :beg: :beg: :Egyptian:

bronzestarvue":348vby0l said:
Sidewinder":348vby0l said:
My service manual says 14-21 PSI. I think 15 is the correct pressure for the yellow ones. Nice looking bike BTW>

Hey Sidewinder

Thanks for the info, good to know that 15 psi is on the "safe" side, especially for the yellow ones, lol! Question for you - does your rear wheel match the front? I've always liked those types of Honda mag wheels, and would much prefer those on my 'Wing than what I have now (MUCH easier to keep clean). What years were those wheels available for the 'Wings?

Thanks

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I've been busy with some other stuff.

The wheels I have are stock 1981 wheels and the front is a 19 and a 17 on the back. and yes they are easy to keep clean. I will polish the exposed parts to a high shine next time I have them off but for now they look just fine. These Comstars are riveted type and I heard there were some problems with the 1980 wheels but not on the '81 and '82. '83 they went to the one piece spoke types I believe. So if I were looking for some it would be from an '81 or '82 GoldWing.

Still working on Atilla. Removed all the PO wiring disasters and put it all back stock, took all the spark plug ends apart and cleaned, every clamp on carb manifold was flopping so tightened them all up, checked vacuum plugs to make sure they weren't leaking, straightened the bent handlebars, checked and cleaned the fuse panel and fuses and all the other electrical connectors, cleaned all the grounds. Now I'm just waiting on a call from the locksmith to go pick up the ignition switch. Hope I didn't put those resistors in backwards in those plug wires, I'd hate for this thing to do the "Detroit Dance" when I go to crank it :shock: . You have to be an old truck driver to get that one. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian:

Two days and still no key from the locksmith, said he'd try to get it done by tomorrow, geesh ! All in all a good day, Silver Queen motor spins over great, I jumpered Atila and she spins over good and the fuel pump was a pumping so there are high hopes around here. Got an idea on using the fairing main mount as a bracket to mount future headlight, signal lights and gauges to her so I cleaned it up to experiment with. Tomorrow it's time to try to spin over Blue Angel.

Rode it to work and rode it home. The sad part is that I only live 2 miles from where I work.

Current project is converting a small boat trailer to a cargo trailer to pull behind the Wing. Started putting the trailer back together after painting it.

Not much, it's raining here. Did talk to Atila's previous owner, he owned the bike 4 weeks before he got drunk and wrecked it, what a dummy ( he fabbed the" fell out of truck" story), but he put the new airtex fuel pump, new battery, new head gaskets, new timing belts on it right before he wrecked it. It's only got 77,000 miles on it. He also dug up the drivers backrest that was on it and gave it to me. Not a bad day in Wingville (new name for my place). :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

took her cover off and desided to go get a pair of long needle nose pliars to get to some clamps.but the only places close did'nt have any.and napa wanted $20.00 so it will have to wait until i go to knoxville to harbor freight.maybe tomarrow.

:builder: went out and started takeing miss daisy apart to fix the carb problem. found that i had two bad ones instead of one. will 1100 tops work on the 1000 ? so this will be another day.on the life of miss daisy.on jusy setting on the hill.watcheing all the others go by
79goldwing 004.jpg
79goldwing 001.jpg

Attachments

• 79goldwing 002.jpg
    79goldwing 002.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 79goldwing 003.jpg
    79goldwing 003.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 96
Ok, Thanks Chas. Weird, took me about five minutes to take a junk one I had apart. All you got to do is drill the soft metal pin out of the side of the barrel and the cylinder comes out. I got a Honda dealer about thirty miles away so I'll just run down there.