What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just make sure that you have garage door open while you are sitting on your Crystal listening to your new speakers! :smilie_happy:

I took mine to the cleaners
IMG_2182.jpg

I was going to take my son for a birthday ride, Him on the 1100 and me on the 1500. But the 1100 quit charging again after installing another good stator. Took it back home and pulled it down. Checked son's work on stator. Guess I should have certified him in soldering, so re soldered the yellow wires and It now works again. By the time I finished, it was too late to ride. So tomorrow I leave for Seattle for my Grandson's graduation. I don't believe the book when it comes to testing the regulator.
For the 80 1100 it said that the reverse on diodes was 6000ohms forward is 4 to 40, I got Infinity and 123meg on all tests green to yellow and red to yellow, on two separate reg's and it works. For the pre 80 it just said High and low. May have to replace stator at some time in the future as it testes at .7 ohms all three legs not 1.1. But that may just be my meter. Working good for now
HAPPY MOTORING

The stator is fine and more than likely it is your meter varying. Stator resistance can only change through a break down in insulation and that would only appear on one pair no even on all 3phases. To test for faulty insulation I use the high current test! :good:

played hooky from work and rode the 54 milesto dundee, mi to look at this
https://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcd/3868703209.html
it wasa good ride to break the newfront tire in and test the new cee baily +1 tinted windshield, the windshield could stand a little more tinting but works fine without being too tall and cuts down buffeting. its also wider than stock

Went for a ride to AAA to make my last insurance payment, Rode part of the way with my neighbor but he peeled off to go to work..bummer to work on a nice Saturday afternoon. New to me wing is feeling better every time I ride.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85188#p85188:24owxm5u said:
Omega Man » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:12 am[/url]":24owxm5u]Installed rear speakers in the son's 93 with George's help, cruised with Vegaswignut(George) for a while and further with my son and grandson. Good day.

~O~
:good: It doesn't get any better than that ..!!! :good:

Scratched up the right side vetter saddlebag when it fell off at 60 miles per hour.

I had shown a friend a few miles before how it unlocks on can be taken off. Must not have locked it back on right. :swoon:

All the scrapes are on the door, door lock, and chrome rail. Bummer.

On the Vetter site they have replacement spring clips that can fail, which may of happened in this case.

Latest posts