What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed the spark plugs added a little air to shocks and put a new bulb in the headlight (a piaa bulb) :Egyptian: now may I can see at night.

Pulled the other exhaust manifold, radiator, put the rear wheel back on so I could roll it around to pull the motor. I still needed to check the belts and then the compression, so I pulled the belt covers and found....
uploadfromtaptalk1372990834069.jpg
Well, I took it on as a project. At least no water in the oil or oil in the coolant.

Oh, and put the acid in a new battery and placed it on the charger for the '06 'Wing. 7 years is great service from a battery. I plan to use it for the 1000, at least for compression testing (which I wanted to do this week).

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Have not got her out yet today but did go for a short ride on the 4th with the better half to get some lunch and a sun tan while we rode :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Checked the oil, replaced the lock that got smashed when the saddle bag came off on the highway. The cabinet lock idea is a good one! I just replaced the one for now, but this winter I will replace all 6 and get them all keyed alike.

Riding it to work today. Car is still in the shop after 2 months. :head bang: (Last week I moved it to a new shop!) :builder:

Weather guy is telling me that I will get rained on, coming home this evening. :rant:

for the last couple of weeks every time i even think of rideing it starts raining...and i don't mean sprinkles..and the idiots in cages around here have a hard enough time seeing bikes when it isn't raining

i rode to work this morning, it was very cloudy and humid. i put the half cover on the wing when i got there. after work i went and paid my water bill, ran into alittle sprinkel on the way. it was starting to look real bad although it wasn't raining where i was but i wasn't taking any chances and went home. pulled inthe driveway and got the cover on the wing, bythetime i put my door key in the lock it started raining

Helped Freebird go get a new used seat and put it on her! Went for a ride and tested out the seat. He thinks he can ride her a little farther now. Sure is a nice seat :cool: :moped: :lust:

Yesterday I spilled some gas when topping of the tank - damn shaky hands! :head bang: I hate the clear coat that comes from spray cans... the fuel disolved it in an instant. So I sanded the old clear coat off and I am trying some Min-wax spray poly on the false tank cover for the rest of the summer. It worked on the Bates bags, so if it works on the tank cover, I will use it on the entire bike the next time I paint it.

I ordered my throttle cables just now. Also, put some gas in her and did her daily start up...I thought the gas gauge went out on her, turns out it was just so low it didn't register anything in the tank. :doh:

~O~

Latest posts