What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't do anything to mine, it is half striped, it is in the lock up and cold, so need to get a gas cylinder for the movable gas heater, but I finally got the generator to fire up and work, it has sat still for more than two years, I could turn it over on the pull cord but nada, stripped the carb of her cleaned the thing out a bit, new sparky squeezed in some WDH then let her rip started on about the fifth pull. Yahoo now I got electricity in the lock up too. So will be going there this coming week to finish stripping her down. Still waiting for the carb adapter, think I will go see him this week too. Have a good one guys.

Took the Mrs. for a 100 mile ride and a dinner out! Big day for us, it is the first time she has been back on the bike in nearly two years since she had two discs removed in her neck. Big day indeed! :yes: :eek:k: :party:

Today was a 1200 day: fixed the issue with the grips and since the weather has been nice, and I wasn't at work all day, I went for a ride. Got about 75 miles in and that was when I realized this has been a LONG winter. My body is aching.

When I got home, sanded the saddlebag doors and painted the fairing.

Went for a gas run.. shopped at wally world ... got drink and salad at Mickey d's... on way home hit bump and headlight both hi/low went out.. think I have connection issues.. Will post separate so no hijack of thread

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110875#p110875:bmvfn9hk said:
brianinpa » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:49 pm[/url]":bmvfn9hk]
What was your total mileage on the Shiko Tony?

6000 miles approx, speedo gave up the ghost( first cable then speedo). Kim and I covered 4200 miles ( off his Road Kings speedo) in 6 1/2 days. His Metzler 888 is showing canvass after only 9k but as he said we did some pretty hard miles, also he has been running 10-15 psi less than Metzler recommends as HD uses lower pressure to compensate off poor suspension.

Yesterday I went over to the son in law's place and we changed the oil in both Wings. I was pleasantly surprised that after 4K the oil in my 133K Wing still had some color to it. The oil in his 55K Wing was black like midnight. We circled the Valley using the freeways after that, I still can't get over the power and smooth ride. I just knew I'd like a heavier bike and was right. :yes:

~O~

Spent $200 aud to get this Qld Compliance plate
Spent $317 aud to get this Qld license plate
Now the Rats Nest is officially Aussie, or a Queenslander at least...
:clapping: :good: :salute:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111273#p111273:2c0meovy said:
Ansimp » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:00 pm[/url]":2c0meovy]
Spent $200 aud to get this Qld Compliance plate
Spent $317 aud to get this Qld license plate
Now the Rats Nest is officially Aussie, or a Queenslander at least...
:clapping: :good: :salute:

Tony...you realize that your pics are showing up here as upside down, right? Since you live in the land down under, it's to be expected, but....could you hold your camera upside down when taking pics, so they'll be right side up here? It's a pain to have to turn my monitor upside down to see your pics.... :thanks:

:smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:
just messin with ya Tony!! :salute:

Now..back on topic....I rode today. Been too dadburn cold to ride all week, until today. It's s'posed to get into the mid 70s this afternoon....yahooo!! Was pretty dang chilly this morn...only 42*. Coldest I have ever ridden in on the Wing....kept me awake and alert, tho! :hihihi: :moped:

As a side note, I'm semi-happy to see that I am not the only one getting crappy mileage outta my rear tires. Still sux, tho. :ahem:

I thought that I was only laying on my side so the photos seemed more realistic like when I was riding it all day yesterday through Brisbane traffic and scraping pegs ( one disadvantage of swapping between the Rats Nest and Red)
More importantly we made it up the dreaded driveway in the dark after a few beers :salute: ( about 9pm, just beat Ruth home :smilie_happy: )

Latest posts