What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather wuz nice this AM(53*, 0 visibility fog), so I rode mine to werk... :wave:

Put a 2000 Suzuki OEM windshield on my 83 wing. I'll give myself a B for creativity and a C- for my fabrication skills. I guess not bad for using a hacksaw and a hand file! We'll see what happens at highway speeds!

:smilie_happy:

Attachments

• IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 75
put the battery back in her topped her off, added some seafoam, cranked her over , took about 3-4 tries before she quit sputtering and smoothed out, moved the sleds out of the garage backed the bike out, backed the sled back in the back of the garage, let the bike sit there and idle the whole time, checked her tire pressure, got my lid(by now it's dark out that's good cause we ain't inspected yet) and went for a short one, it was only a short one but damn it felt good :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

when i got home from work my neighbor was out doing yard work so her garage was open. i went in my house and got the keys for the 1500 wing then headed back to her garage. i reconnected the negative cable to the odyssey battery then rolled the wing out the garage. by the fourth attempt the wing was running so i let it warm up before pulling out the yard and in front of my house. a quick trip in the house to get a jacket, boots, and a helmet and it was off to the gas stationand back home for a total of a mile and a half. then i did an oil change. now the storms are rolling through again

started building the manifold for my single carb conversion on the 83. No pics yet, but i'll try to get some loaded soon

I waxed, polished, cleaned and shined the ol 1500. Then placed shamrocks and leprechauns all over it. Met with the Patriot Guard Riders of Montana and rode in the Saint Patty's day parade in Billings, Montana. Had a great time.

Still working on rebuilding carbs. Found some unwelcome surprises... One throttle valve needle was aluminum :shock: Does anyone know where this would have come from? A couple of other evidences of a poor previous rebuild attempt. It'll come together eventually :head bang: :yes:

Took the GW out for a short ride this afternoon, and my gf rode the "new" 1987 Super Magna I picked up yesterday (story in another thread). Gotta admit, I missed riding that GW! Even though I rode the Magna yesterday for about 30 minutes bringing it home, there's something about riding that big old 'Wing that just can't be replicated on the Magna. No doubt it's a bigger, longer, more stable bike, and that flat four has an exhaust note all its own.

Once I get the front end sorted out on the Magna, I might take it out for a ride every now and then. But the 'Wing is still numero uno on my list!