What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:head bang: :Awe: got the :head bang: :sensored: thing all tore apart and the rotor off the ignition shaft. Got the housing loose but it won't get past the cross member of the frame. I need a :beer: :beer: :beer: :Doh2:

I did it on the 82 while I had the motor out. After I got the motor back in I was checking it out so I could do the advance on my 83. It looks like that frame cross piece is in the way, but others are saying they do it by removing the tire, swing arm, and gas tank. I was gonna wait until I need to replace the tire and mess with it then. So far I ain't been there, so I can't help you.

well he will be alright ...it comes out ....first time is rough and full of stuff that has never been touched sence new .....they did a good job trying to engineer it to be impossible :shock: :rant: :moped: :whip: :mrgreen:

chasrogers":5ltt1rz8 said:
well I rode in thew rain last night and loved it nice and cool and not a sputter from wires or coils ran like a charm for needing a carb sync I am driving it to work every day over 300 km every day and it is just getting better every day. hmm still no back brakes :heat: :heat: :clapping: :party: :eek:k:

i'm out in the morning but will be working from home all afternoon if you want to come over and install the back brakes you are welcome. I have a guy pushing me for the mufflers so sooner the better.

Turned the gas on, cranked it up after it sitting for 31 days, fired right up, purred like kitten ( the bike, not me :smilie_happy: ), shut the gas off, ran it till it died, put battery tender back on it and ask myself, "Why do you think you need to work on it?" So, I says to myself, "Self, because it is what it is, maintenance on a wing is the price you pay for the enjoyment you get out of it" I turned around, went in house and got another cup of coffee. Ahhh, the good life. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: It will still be sitting there waiting on me when I get back.

I RODE it to werk for the first time in a couple of months!! :yahoo: :party: :lust:

Tequila makes her clothes come off. :party: :smilie_happy:
IMG01168-20120723-1702.jpg
one casualty so far, recovery tank is toast.
IMG01164-20120723-1434.jpg

:heat: The fairing is off of it now and the front fender unbolted and laying on front tire. They is some little engineers over about Japan what needs to be unable to see for bout three days thru theys swole up eyes for putting some of dem bolts werst they put em. :Doh2: Specialy when you got gorilla hands like mine. Oh and I'm kinda liking the way it looks naked, if I could just figure out how to make some old style gauges and stuff work on it, I might would go CUSTOM. An "86 Aspy Standard" now thats intriguing.

Latest posts