What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I join in the thump the engineer party? I have a pile of parts where my bike was just to change the vacuum advance.

slabghost":21strqj8 said:
Can I join in the thump the engineer party? I have a pile of parts where my bike was just to change the vacuum advance.
Can I say......."RADIATOR CAP"!!!!!!! :head bang: :sensored: :rtfm:

(Umm.....I didn't do anything to my Wing today.......except badmouth the Honda design engineers?) :hihihi:

mcgovern61":2ioz9wer said:
slabghost":2ioz9wer said:
Can I say......."RADIATOR CAP"!!!!!!! :head bang: :sensored: :rtfm:

(Umm.....I didn't do anything to my Wing today.......except badmouth the Honda design engineers?) :hihihi:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Road mine to work again, and was feelin alittle Froggy with the throttle today :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

Still stripping Suzie Q down and finding stress cracks in hidden areas of the plastic that will have to be repaired. I threw a towel over the frame and sat down where the seat use to be and it sure felt more comfortable sitting that much lower, the handlebars felt at better position and with all the fairing and baggage off it, it sure felt a lot lighter on the front end and more "drivable". The whole thing felt easier to balance. IF only 84 standard parts where easier to find............ :headscratch:

yah ...thats ...true but when realy cruising......... theres nothing like fulldress comfort.....imve been chomping at the bit on a 1200 thats striped with title but cant swing it now

Thats true Joe, I think the perfect situation would be to own one of each, a dresser and a standard. I'm going to look at an 85 Interstate that would make a good stripper. Now if I can just get him to throw in that stripper dance pole with her.. :yahoo: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

i made sure that the covers were on good this morning before taking momto famous daves and costco. by thetime i got her back home it started sprinkeling and afew minutes after i left her house it started raining very hard

Started her up and enjoyed the sweet smell of old gas and atf burning.
She hasn't run for about 2 months but fired right up and idled smooth after a short warm-up. Yay for atf mix in the fuel.

picking up all the parts around my 1200 project and leveling the ground by hand inside the doghouse ...quit a big job with hand tools ....seem to have the right combo of tools now ...lots of hard gravel packed hardpan to breakup .... :cheeky: :rant: :whip: mush drum mush :mrgreen:

slabghost":2xk61u3l said:
Started it for the first time since I put in the new (to me) vacuum advance. Yeehaw she runs smooth!
I ordered that pickup assembly you told me about, V.
I'm going to try my hand at adapting an off the shelf readily available vac diaphragm if this one is leaking.

dan filipi":1kofy6ok said:
slabghost":1kofy6ok said:
Started it for the first time since I put in the new (to me) vacuum advance. Yeehaw she runs smooth!
I ordered that pickup assembly you told me about, V.
I'm going to try my hand at adapting an off the shelf readily available vac diaphragm if this one is leaking.
I hope you are as lucky as I was. I hadn't checked if the vacuum had been checked but it was good. Got another good one here in case my 81 needs it. :good:

Latest posts