What spark plug gap?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTATSOC

Reaction score
My Bike Models
Burgundy 1980,1,2,3 Goldwing and a Black 1981 Goldwing
OK this is where I'm at on this. Thanks to the guy's that posted the Neon coil swap and the ignition relay install DIY's they went very well, TY. The bike runs much smother and I was able to lower the idle speed from 1100+ rpm to the proper 950 rpm. I have an 80 frame with an 83 engine. What instigate the coil swap and ignition relay was a constant back fire in the pipes at idle and mid rpm range. I'm running iridium plugs D8's oops supposed to be D9's not going to change them just yet. With the old coils installed I had the plugs gapped at .30, with the new set up I pushed it out to .36. As I said the bike runs smoother but does not seem to accelerate as aggressively as before the new set up. Did I push the gap to far or have I not gone far enough. The engine runs strong she does a nice 100mph with throttle left over. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :thanks:

Try resetting the air/fuel mixture screws. Each to the highest rpm you can get twice. Then see if it's as aggressive as before.

Latest posts