What type of new plug wires

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTATSOC

Reaction score
My Bike Models
Burgundy 1980,1,2,3 Goldwing and a Black 1981 Goldwing
I'm in the process of doing the Neon Coil and the ignition relay installs. The factory wires will be stretched to the max to reach the new coil. What type of coil wires are recommended (not brand) solid wires, carbon, wire wound, copper ect. Doing a search a lot of members talk about changing wires but do not seem to talk about what type of wires to use. What type are the originals. I'm changing out the coils because I have 2 sets of coils that read out to lunch by the book and by how members say to check them here on the forum.
Thanks for the help in advance.
I will post pictures of the DIY when complete with credits to the folks who have done this first.
This is on a standard 80 with an 83 motor installed.

What Dan said.... 7mm if you are going to use the factory style caps (which have a resistor in them, IIRC) I'm replacing wires also and got new plug caps from Amazon for a very reasonable price..... If you hadn't thought about replacing the caps, I'd really give it serious consideration - cheap insurance IMHO

Latest posts