Why can't I wiew some posts?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveO430

Reaction score
Was looking in the Visual Tutorials and References. and found a couple of posts with attachments that said I was not authorized to view them.
What the heck is up with that?

Ya just gotta know the seecwet handshake.... :salute:
:smilie_happy:

This is almost ridiculous. I found the photo contest and can't even view the photos, I know the contest is closed but at least I should be able to see the entries. Where are the rules on who can view what? I may have to give this forum up if I can't participate.

I removed the contest photo's directory temporarily while doing some maintenance on the gallery.
It's all part of ensuring everyone's photos are safe.
I should have those back in place later this evening.

There may also be some tech albums with broken links that I'll have sorted out soon.

So everyone understands why there are some limitations viewing certain areas of the forum....

Myself and many members have donated our time to build the tech sections as contributions to building this forum for everyone's benefit.

These tech sections were once open to everyone with no minimum post requirements.
There was a point that we had MANY new members who would never post. After doing some research I discovered many of these members accessing the tech areas taking advantage of our hard work with no contribution to the forums. This is when I started the minimum post rule.

The concept is simple, contribute to the forums by joining in the discussions then you get access.
Hang out and just TAKE from the forums, limited access.

Only makes good cents dan.I assumed it was something like that,or a spam thing.Keep up the good work,it is appreciated.
I was just commenting on his seemingly lack of patiance.
I do hope he chils,sticks around and syncs well with the rest of us.

DaveO430":rqzg0wib said:
I may have to give this forum up if I can't participate.

All we ask is that new member DO participate. As Dan pointed out, we were getting a ton of new signups that were simply going for and downloading the tech stuff(wiring diagrams, manuals, etc), then disappearing. We would much prefer folks stick around a while, and contribute to the forums...a little give and take, if ya will. I don't think 5 posts is too much to ask....most folks do that just answering their Welcomes. :mrgreen:

toytender01":2i4x8axl said:
was it you that caused my blue screen to turn green?????? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
:oops: :oops: Pehaps... :blush:

Mark

Latest posts