Winter DownUnder

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

Reaction score
It's the middle of winter here in Oz so I snaped this pic on my way down to beach for a swim
IslandWing.jpg

Biggest problem I have is the beer falling out of my glass
Sucks to live here :smilie_happy:

Finally! A better pic of those pipes. Very cool look. You really do need to submit a pic for the banner Dave. I have a tiny skull on the fork air valve too, which apparently is on the wrong side down-under. :cool:

~O~

Omega Man":2jfvuhvw said:
Finally! A better pic of those pipes. Very cool look. You really do need to submit a pic for the banner Dave. I have a tiny skull on the fork air valve too, which apparently is on the wrong side down-under. :cool:

~O~

Banner pic, how do we do that??? If you check the bigger and more recent pic the "skull" has changed sides :evil: we dont question the "skull" we just do what it says :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

dan filipi":18bkivnp said:
Sure, I can use that pic.

It's an '82 Standard and called Rhonda right Dave?

:good: thats right Dan :thanks:

And the tyres are Dunlop BT45 BattleAxe :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I was hoping to use the small "skull" pic for my avatar but it's still 2x 2big if you can mess with it and stick it for me that would be cool to :music:
Thanks Dan

joedrum":nsfu15rh said:
thats great dave ......im glad you have been hanging out on the forum though all the stormy westher you been having there ..... :mrgreen:

this day was about 26c (79f) at midday - almost to cold to go swimming, I hate winter :yahoo:

dave i sould get a prize i just notice that your bike has 1975 1000 valve covers on that 1100 ....what else dose that bike have on it .....i will have to look some more... :mrgreen:

it seems the 1000 frame is wider dan ......i was thinking the other way around as i have 1100 tank and theres no way its a direct hook up .....the 1000 tank probably wouldnt work with the 1100 fairing stuff .....i need a couple of 79 tank cover as i have hacked mine some .....i think the 79 -78 tank covers and guages are the best looking in the naked look of all the standards yrs. the 75-77 tanks do nothing for me and are a bit slimer .....

joedrum":1a2hu4ox said:
dave i sould get a prize i just notice that your bike has 1975 1000 valve covers on that 1100 ....what else dose that bike have on it .....i will have to look some more... :mrgreen:

No :doh: dont tell me I gotta Joe Special :swoon: , a 75-82 model motorcycle :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I had noticed the covers were different to other bikes but had no idea why :read:
There are also some grinder scares on the frame downtubes about the same place as the non-factory 'kinks' in the downtubes, Crash damage, not mine

I am only guessing she is a standard but given the crash repairs, who knows. I have never seen a front mud guard the same as mine, plastic with chrome rails on a standard. Is there a way of 'decoding' the frame number? :laptop:

The left side of the neck has a plate from the 'Australian Motor Vehicle Certification Board' showing various design standards to meet ADR's, Austraian Design Rules, followed by month and year then VIN. The right side of the neck has the VIN stamped into it
If it looks a standard, feels like a standard and smells like a standard it must be standard :cool:

dave ....a joe special ...yep it is what it is ....looks good to me but the front fender looks like a dreeser fender .....i think this might be a dave special you own it we will call it a down under standard :mrgreen:

Latest posts