wow randakks is selling everything out in an auction

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206657#p206657:3ust6xkk said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:57 pm[/url]":3ust6xkk]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206654#p206654:3ust6xkk said:
SnoBrdr » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:18 pm[/url]":3ust6xkk]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206647#p206647:3ust6xkk said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 am[/url]":3ust6xkk]
I must really be missing something here. Randall is selling his tools, but Randakk's Cycle Shakk is still in business selling all of the carb parts and stuff. So, he has stopped working on bikes and is now only focused on selling the parts right?

I guess, like most people that you don't read the previous posts.

I explained that he had sold his business.
I could be wrong (and I am sure I am), but I thought the restoration business (which required all of the tools)was sold and he was partnering for the parts business as a stand alone business in Florida. He sold his stake in Randakk's Cycle Shakk parts business too?

From what I've read he has no business interest in anything.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206659#p206659:1kj0z074 said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:31 pm[/url]":1kj0z074]
This is the business I was referring to; merging operations with Mike’s XS and Z-1 Enterprises:

https://ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ss#p680886

I believe he's just acting as a "front man" like Bob from Bob's Furniture or Elliott from Jordans Furniture or Ernie Boch Jr. does, if you know who they are.

I'm sure there are some in your area who have sold their business and just stay on in this capacity.

You guys are awesome!

Especially at unfounded speculation, misinformation and fiction. But, it is gratifying how generous you are are sharing your opinions about me.

I find this thread very entertaining. Keep up the good work! :)
wow. this thread 3 years old. do try to keep up.
you find this entertaining ? give netflix a whirl.......

Dan Filipi invited me to comment further on this thread, so I’ll oblige him and have a go at things mentioned here (and elsewhere) that aren’t quite correct.

Here are the facts:
  1. I sold Randakk’s Cycle Shakk in 2016, but I’m still involved.
  2. When I transferred ownership, Randakk’s offered several hundred products (mostly proprietary). Now, Randakk’s offers over 6,000 products.
  3. Randakk’s is not “demised.” Neither am I. The business is very healthy, growing and thriving. It’s part of a larger enterprise that includes sister companies Dime City Cycles, Z-1 Enterprises and Mike’s XS. Randakk’s is the “Honda specialty” brand.
  4. I ran the business out of my home when I started in 2001 …eventually from a small flex space. Now, Randakk’s is located in a 12,000 square foot distribution center.
  5. I’ve never had a public “shop’ that did outside work. I have always had a place to work on my own motorcycle projects …still do. But, my business has always been a web enterprise exclusively.
  6. When I sold my large collection of personal tools in 2018, I sold a few but most were actually “gifted” or “deep discounted” to young fellows just starting their careers as mechanics. The posts I made on Facebook (and elsewhere) were designed as “teasers” to get the word out and ensure a successful transfer.
  7. I still have more tools than I can use.
  8. I still ride, restore, buy and sell vintage Hondas.
  9. I have no physical or mental problems.
  10. I have no chemical dependency problems.
  11. I have no financial problems.
  12. I have no marital problems.
  13. I have not been incarcerated.
  14. I don’t breathe through my eyelids.
  15. I’ve been the target of only one lawsuit in my life and that was not motorcycle-related. In 1982, I was in a lawsuit initiated against me by Ross Perot for a very large sum on an Employment Agreement matter. I won that case.
  16. I still enjoy delving into complex carburetion issues. Case in point: I recently solved a very complicated set of congenital carb issues on a beautiful ’76 CB550F Super Sport “museum queen” (only 750 miles since new) that keep it off the road nearly its entire life. Several very talented restoration experts and one prominent carb rebuilder with a stellar national reputation weren’t able to crack the case. So I bought the bike and figured out the issues. It did take me 6 months, but now it rides like a brand new bike. (I took it out on a nice ride this morning.)
  17. I love carburetors. I recently founded the Carburetion Appreciation Society (Facebook Group). It already has 7,000+ members and is growing rapidly.

I’m a member here in good standing, so if you have any questions about my affairs - there’s no need to speculate. I’m easy to find. :)

Attachments

• Carbs Finished 2.png
    Carbs Finished 2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Dan Filipi invited me to comment further on this thread, so I’ll oblige him and have a go at things mentioned here (and elsewhere) that aren’t quite correct.

Here are the facts:
  1. I sold Randakk’s Cycle Shakk in 2016, but I’m still involved.
  2. When I transferred ownership, Randakk’s offered several hundred products (mostly proprietary). Now, Randakk’s offers over 6,000 products.
  3. Randakk’s is not “demised.” Neither am I. The business is very healthy, growing and thriving. It’s part of a larger enterprise that includes sister companies Dime City Cycles, Z-1 Enterprises and Mike’s XS. Randakk’s is the “Honda specialty” brand.
  4. I ran the business out of my home when I started in 2001 …eventually from a small flex space. Now, Randakk’s is located in a 12,000 square foot distribution center.
  5. I’ve never had a public “shop’ that did outside work. I have always had a place to work on my own motorcycle projects …still do. But, my business has always been a web enterprise exclusively.
  6. When I sold my large collection of personal tools in 2018, I sold a few but most were actually “gifted” or “deep discounted” to young fellows just starting their careers as mechanics. The posts I made on Facebook (and elsewhere) were designed as “teasers” to get the word out and ensure a successful transfer.
  7. I still have more tools than I can use.
  8. I still ride, restore, buy and sell vintage Hondas.
  9. I have no physical or mental problems.
  10. I have no chemical dependency problems.
  11. I have no financial problems.
  12. I have no marital problems.
  13. I have not been incarcerated.
  14. I don’t breathe through my eyelids.
  15. I’ve been the target of only one lawsuit in my life and that was not motorcycle-related. In 1982, I was in a lawsuit initiated against me by Ross Perot for a very large sum on an Employment Agreement matter. I won that case.
  16. I still enjoy delving into complex carburetion issues. Case in point: I recently solved a very complicated set of congenital carb issues on a beautiful ’76 CB550F Super Sport “museum queen” (only 750 miles since new) that keep it off the road nearly its entire life. Several very talented restoration experts and one prominent carb rebuilder with a stellar national reputation weren’t able to crack the case. So I bought the bike and figured out the issues. It did take me 6 months, but now it rides like a brand new bike. (I took it out on a nice ride this morning.)
  17. I love carburetors. I recently founded the Carburetion Appreciation Society (Facebook Group). It already has 7,000+ members and is growing rapidly.

I’m a member here in good standing, so if you have any questions about my affairs - there’s no need to speculate. I’m easy to find. :)
Atta boy Randall. Nothing like an in your face fact list to stop the rumor mill and the wise cracks from some well meaning Aussie's...........barf.
I loved doing business with you and certainly do miss you expertise on Carb matter's. We STILL Love ya man.

Atta boy Randall. Nothing like an in your face fact list to stop the rumor mill and the wise cracks from some well meaning Aussie's...........barf.
I loved doing business with you and certainly do miss you expertise on Carb matter's. We STILL Love ya man.
🤔

I had plenty to say about this self chosen guru of the know it all full of BS IT GOT DELETED ...some of his statements and his attitude only goes to those who believe in the science fiction twilight zone of reality..that's my opinion ....the real guru of oldwings was Octane the founder of NGW forums

Some folks have very vivid imaginations. Usually they are lip movers with no substance, but lots of opinions. These folks ya brush off and keep moving. Self Chosen Guru? WTF? Randall Washington aka Randakk's has always been a leader and expert in carburetors specifically but also Honda Bikes in general and developed many fine solutions to the "old wing" problems that have arisen since the first one was ever made.(1975) That is a long time to be on the scene then some bozo comes along and says "Self Chosen Guru"??? Some people are full of themselves so much their dang eyes are brown.

Randall's personal dedication to vintage Hondas, Goldwings in particular, has been a valuable asset to me and my lifelong devotion to bike restoration. I had a few choice words last night with someone at the CX500 forum regarding their unappreciative attitude towards Randaak's and also my efforts to assist them on that forum. There are a lot of people out there with narcissistic and judgmental attitudes, and seem to enjoy gaslighting people. I don't get along with those few individuals, and I don't enjoy seeing others joining in with uninformed speculation about someone's business, either.
As a business owner myself, it it is sad to see that kind of non-productive behavior. It certainly never was the attitude or direction of a man I admire above most as an achiever of the "American Dream" namely Soichiro Honda. All of us owe much to a man most of us never met, who built a legendary industry from the rubble of war-torn Japan. I don't like braggarts, and have never known Randall Washington to be one. Founding and nurturing one's own business is not for the weak-hearted, or for the vain narcissist. It is humbling and challenging and those with large egos do not last for more than a year or two. I am often judged by people who understand nothing of the risk and dedication it takes to maintain a self-made business, and I try my best to let that nonsense go on its way without irritating me. I don't always have the patience for other people's uninformed opinions, however, and I believe Randall has handled things better than I would have, lol!
This is, after all, a support group of adults who share a common love of motorcycles, and not a DMC.
I am thankful for the personal & professional camaraderie I find here, even though I have only met just one other member in person, yet. Hopefully we can be better riders, and better people by taking advantage of the opportunities and connections we have here.