Wow seen a couple strikers three wheelers

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking ride ...big fat tires ...triple track ...roads were wet ...one had grass everywhere..crammed in the wheels and brakes ....talked to the two riders ...one of trikes hydro plane bad spun around a few times then off the road ...there low no flip over ...though they look very kool and stable way to much rubber on the road ...turned it into a hockey puck ...sliding down the road totally uncontrollable....I think I’ll not want one so bad ...it was obvious it didn’t take much to get out of control ...second guy following said it shifted about three inches and then just took off on its own following the angle of the road basically going strait when it happened...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213839#p213839:228l347d said:
dan filipi » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:16 pm[/url]":228l347d]
I know these had fat tires, but I've read that motorcycles can't hydroplane. What a bunch of malarky that is. Internet information at it's finest.
You should try the Darksiding sites. :hihihi: :doh:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213839#p213839:3rh7aal3 said:
dan filipi » Yesterday, 7:16 am[/url]":3rh7aal3]
I know these had fat tires, but I've read that motorcycles can't hydroplane. What a bunch of malarky that is. Internet information at it's finest.

I've heard that for bicycles, but not for motorcycles.

On Youtube, you can find videos of unmodified motorcycles hydroplaning across small ponds.

On bikes ...you have one wheel following another so the likelihood of hydroplane is less ...as for dark siding on the rear wheel actually is mostly all hype ....as for the strikers trikes ..there tires were about 12” wide all in separate tracks on the road ...look to me like the two up front tires just fed the the center power tire with even more water ..and the combination of power wheel and more water just broke it loose and off it went ...I’d say reverse trikes have to be the worse ...I certainly wouldn’t one of those Yamaha up front two wheel learners either ... if your going to have a triangle deal ..best be you travel forward with the point not the flat base

Latest posts