Wrenching....it is therapeutic!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
Riding my Wing sure is fun and the travel on the open road has no match regardless of the season! But since I have been recovering from from several surgeries and other issues and my bike needed some work done that requires the engine out, I have to admit that I am having just as much fun wrenching on the bike as I have had riding!

With the engine out, I have the chance to once again review every nut and bolt and make decisions about what NEEDS to be fixed versus what I WANT to change. It sure is fun having an old bike that is not only reliable on the road for thousands upon thousands of worry free miles, but that can also be easily taken apart and provide lots of therapy for the old wrencher that really likes to tinker every once in a while! :yes:

I agree with all of the above, it brings the whole bike, biker experience into one package. It builds and let's you have more confidence in yourself, your machine and the ability to respond to troubles you might have when enjoying the "the ride". It also keeps you out of the fridge, off the couch ,out from in front of the TV and you don't roam the streets at night. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

:smilie_happy: gee mike lets nail it down tight :smilie_happy: ...i get great pleasure thinking of how the bike can be made better ... and hunting and doing things that have never been done or things that have fallen short and you take on the challenge where the field is wide open ....amazing to me is the hooch build had many far reaching mods ...discounted the whole way by many ....challenges were huge ...... riding hooch and doing the wrenching on a forum of compliance to ideas ... :builder: im a happy wrencher :thanks: to everyone here for such a great forum

I really don't ride as much as I'd like for a number of reasons, but I get such satisfaction from twisting the wrenches! To be able to trasnform a rusty old hulk that most would see as ready for the scrap pile, into a fine running, even beautiful machine is an incredible feeling! It is definately therapeutic for me! Thanks to all on here for sharing, and letting me share, our Goldwing experiences - it's all good!

I resemble all the above, when I'm not turning wrenches, I'm studying what I'm going to tackle next, may the Gods of Small Projects smile upon all of us

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119261#p119261:2a9gpp5f said:
mcgovern61 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:45 pm[/url]":2a9gpp5f]
+1 for One God only and He laughs every time I start a new project on my bike! (But He likes me anyway!)

:hihihi: im sure of it gerry :mrgreen:

Oh I wish I had all the enthusiasm you all have for wrenching. I'm a truck mechanic so I'm a little burnt out of working on stuff. I just got back on the bike after being laid up for over a year.
Went out, unplugged the battery tender and she fired right up, I just love the reliability of these old wings. I'm determined to paint her this coming winter, of course I said that last winter.
Anyway is is sure good to be back riding.

Latest posts