• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Front Caliper Shims and such

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumunga

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello - I noticed on my front calipers that they have none of the shims and clips for the brake pads. I started pricing them online from OEM sellers, and WOW!! I ain't a doin' that one.

I was wondering if anyone had any of these lying around for an '80 GL1100. They have the single pistons.

As always, thanks.

I don't have them on the front but I do have one on the rear. I hear they are there to keep the brakes from squeaking, the dealer says the aren't necessary. I'm with you I'd like to have them on all brakes but I don't want to pay the dealer price for them.

i think they are there to keep a slight angle on the pads to get them to wear more evenly across the entire pad ....without them the pads will wear more on the leading edge....i think....

I'm not sure which it is missing on my left front caliper, shim or clip but the brakes work fine with no squeak and seem to be wearing evenly :?: I prolly should take a look at it soon

joedrum":182qsgou said:
i think they are there to keep a slight angle on the pads to get them to wear more evenly across the entire pad ....without them the pads will wear more on the leading edge....i think....

That's a good point I know on bicycles the brakes pads are toed in to prevent squealing.

Latest posts