12/24w LED headlamp replacement bulb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
I have already installed this style of bulb in Val and I decided to do some current tests just to be sure as I was concerned by another members current draw with their replacement bulbs.
At a testing voltage of 12.3v the 12w low beam consumed 766ma and the 24w high beam was 1.2a. A considerable savings over the 4.6a for a 55w low beam H4 and 5.5a for 65w high beam.

thats the same light i have on hooch ...except mine is dual headlight ...so power is doubled
...fantastic design on how it works ...on dims and when installed right ..the tow lower leds come on and point left right and down making it nor a bother to oncoming traffic ...and brights light up everything nice ...super lighting for bikes

Sorry don't have it as I bought those a couple of years ago. I just happened to have them in a box for a different bike I decided not to use them in.They do very for sure but will save current in a system that doesn't have that much current produced. I have some LED Fog lights I will also add for increased visibility.....It's funny...I had 3 cars pulling out in front of me shortly after I got my GL1000....I got the feeling fairly quickly I wasn't being seen as well by other drivers as when I'm on the GL 1800.

i got mine off ebay from carlight ebay seller...it took forever for them to show up ..iwouldnt recommend them ......and i havnt really seen others for sale lately ...the four sided leds are the best to me as the light spread is geat over 2 sided ones or three sided leds ...they come from china when order by row boat :shock: ...i am glad they finally came took about 2 months plus to get them

From what I'm reading the 2 sided LED for headlight will project a flatter beam forward as opposed to the 4 sided which project more of a flood of light that can be annoying to oncoming traffic and wasted light into the trees. The one posted earlier looks good maybe.
The 2057 I just put in the tail light is 2 sided, just 1 bright led on top and bottom and looks great.