1200 and 1000 cam pic end profile

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
The cam on the left is 1200, right is a 1000.
Interesting to see how easy it is to actually SEE the difference in profile and machining with the increased lift and duration of the 1000.

image.php

Actually...it's kinda hard to see it from an angle. I'm certain if you are looking at them straight on, the difference would be more pronounced. The one on the right definitely appears to be of a longer duration, but at a lower initial lift. Basically, a smoother ramp-up....and a smoother idle. :mrgreen:

dan filipi":6x0sfbaf said:
Uh, that is straight on :headscratch:

Well...maybe in Cali-for-ne-ay it is, but... :smilie_happy:
What I meant was, the pic is straight down the center of the two cams, but it creates an optical delusion when viewing them like that. At least, it does for me. What you are pointing out IS definitely noticeable, anyway. :good:

Oh. How else could I get a shot to compare them side by side.
Crop 2 pics together maybe I suppose sumpin like that.
That's too much to do, your outa here Joel :smilie_happy:

:smilie_happy:
I'm a nit-picky bastige, ain't I? OR so I've been told... :blush:

the differnce is huge!
the 1000 has a faster ramp to a higher lift longer duration.
on cams you have to compare them from the center. you can increase the lift by grinding off the backside of the lobe, and adjust the valve lash.
bother me I cant see BOTH keyways.
makes me wonder.
I'd like to see the same picture same perspective with the cams BOTH laying keyway up.

jdegase":j1duuu3f said:
the differnce is huge!
the 1000 has a faster ramp to a higher lift longer duration.
on cams you have to compare them from the center. you can increase the lift by grinding off the backside of the lobe, and adjust the valve lash.
bother me I cant see BOTH keyways.
makes me wonder.
I'd like to see the same picture same perspective with the cams BOTH laying keyway up.

The keyway in this pic is not up but they are in the same position. The picture would be worthless otherwise.
With my camera that's about the best shot I can get.

Got a few more shots with the keyway up.

1200 cam

image.php

image.php

1200 on left, 1000 on right.
It's hard to get a good prospective with the camera the way it takes the shot, or is the user.

image.php

image.php

In this last shot it's easy to see how much smoother the rocker is going to ride all the way over the lobe.

excellent job bro.
can see the differnce now.
I know the stats on the 1000 cam make it a great option
internal combustion engine is jjust a air pump. have to wonder why your getting differnt readings I guess I would swap the cams side to side just to get a compression test.. hard to believe its that.

dan filipi":3f48u8uw said:
The cam on the left is 1200, right is a 1000.
Interesting to see how easy it is to actually SEE the difference in profile and machining with the increased lift and duration of the 1000.

image.php
Great pic. Dan,liked it better than the rest of the pics :yes: .No complain here :mrgreen: . :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:keep those pics comming :thanks:

Latest posts