1992 1500 US Anniversary Edition Radio

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichHW

Reaction score
Firstly, forgive my ignorance. New to Goldwingz, new to the forum. Hope this is the right place to post, and sorry

Looking a buying the above. It seems to have an issue with the radio, it won't turn on. CB does, but no audio. CD player there, as is intercom wiring. Looking to buy the bike from second owner, and trying to get an idea what I'm getting myself into.

I would probably want to get this all going again, and am somewhat competent with such things, but not familiar with Goldwings. Given a manual, I should be able to work through it. But some preliminary info before I close the deal would help.

I presume the audio for the CB and CD go through the radio so I need to get that working first. Is the intercom separate?

I haven't even checked the fuses, etc. May be able to do that Sunday. Are all fuses located behind the right side panel, or are there more?

Is the radio reliable? Am I likely to be looking for a fuse/wiring/grounding issue, as I suspect, or is the radio a likely culprit? Internal fuses on the radio?

Not much to go on. But I'm just wondering how to proceed before I bring it home and dig out the schematics.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Latest posts