3rd CGW Midwest MEET in French Lick Indiana!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was suggested in the last post of the 2nd Midwest meet that a new thread be started for this years meet. I looked and didn't see one so if I missed it I apologize.
I personally am not going to be able to go because I'm going to be gone for a month this summer but I will make the offer to Dan that IF this meet happens, and IF Dan decides to and can figure out a way to make it, he's welcome to use my 1100 again like last year. I'm guessing if you guys start working on him now you can probably talk him into it.

ok sheesh what a year so far ... lets start a thread and make this happen ... im all open to info when the best time is ... I think I am covered ...im going to be here LOL :mrgreen:

:music: Regardless of whether I'm on an 1800 by then or not, I'd sure like to meet up with y'all again. I'll still have my trailer (sorry, Gerry) so camping it is!
I did really enjoy myself last year; hope we will do it again this year :clapping:

Gerry-

Just get a 10%, 15% or 20% off coupon from HF and pick up a Tag-Along trailer like I did.
Much, MUCH MUCH better to tow your 'stuff' than carry it on the bike (I remember the convoluted
way you had stuff packed....yikes!)

You'll have a couple of months to work on it before riding season is in full swing...

I'd surely help ya if you were closer...

:rocks: You can DO it, Gerry! :rocks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111023#p111023:3lewpit7 said:
KYWinger » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:58 pm[/url]":3lewpit7]
Gerry-

Just get a 10%, 15% or 20% off coupon from HF and pick up a Tag-Along trailer like I did.
Much, MUCH MUCH better to tow your 'stuff' than carry it on the bike (I remember the convoluted
way you had stuff packed....yikes!)

You'll have a couple of months to work on it before riding season is in full swing...

I'd surely help ya if you were closer...

:rocks: You can DO it, Gerry! :rocks:
Agreed! (Except darn the finances! I haven't even been able to get my windshield yet to finish the conversion back to Standard.)

That, and I have to rebuild/reweld the center stand and I should replace my front tire before any more road trips. (Pushing 22,000 miles on that tire at this point.) :crying:

hmmm trying to figure out best time for every one ... dan thinking on it ... anyone else....the theme this year I think will be single carb set ups ... along with everything else we do ...piper what would be good time for you ...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111322#p111322:2qp6d9d8 said:
brianinpa » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 am[/url]":2qp6d9d8]
the dam heat would just about force me into a hotel and take most of the fun out of it.
What he said...

I am on the fence financially to get my bike up to speed and take a long trip this year. Don't count me out yet, but I have obligations that need to be met first. :fiddle:

Put me in the same category as Gerry, Joe. Don't count me out but I am going to be gone from mid-July to mid-August. The offer is still good to Dan though. I can arrange a ride from the airport and back for him even if I'm out of town. My preference would be mid June but don't count my vote yet. It' still cool, bugs aren't bad yet, a little more chance of rain maybe though.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111334#p111334:31voqqti said:
mcgovern61 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:45 am[/url]":31voqqti]
I am on the fence financially to get my bike up to speed and take a long trip this year. Don't count me out yet, but I have obligations that need to be met first. :fiddle:

Well I can't let my wing-man stranded! If I am going and if I have them both running, I'll have one for you to ride if it comes to that. You would just have to get accustomed to floorboard and a heel/toe shifter.

Latest posts