81 interstate or standard ?? rescue

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is the front fender i finished a couple weeks ago , thinking about redoing the pinstripping cause it got alittle wavey on the sides

Attachments

• IMG_20120118_165934.jpg
    IMG_20120118_165934.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20120118_170000.jpg
    IMG_20120118_170000.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 158
but to say about the spray bomb ,,,, the original paint job i had on the bike before hitting the deers was spray bomb also . i originally painted the whole bike in my back yard one saturday and nobody can tell that it wasnt profesinally painted

well i got the fairing painted tonight . 1 more coat of clear then pinstrip it and it will be finished , only the side covers saddle bags and trunk left and the whole bike will be repainted . i love the way the flash shined off the metallic flakes

Attachments

• P1200002.JPG
    P1200002.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 134
prairiewing81":vh2svxrw said:
I'd be in the doghouse if I painted my fairing in the kitchen:)

Yeah, overspray on the fridge would be a real drag!

I agree, though, it looks like a great job!!

Mark

Wow, I have my faring upside down just like that as I sit here...I have a off white color on it and I will apply a grey accent with gold pin stripe..Cool stuff...

also for all those budget challenged folks the blue painters tape works great for taping off your work and all those half used rolls of christmas wrapping paper is perfact for taping off bigger areas .. just some budget freindly ideas for all ya . :rocks:

countryboy843":1mnvirre said:
all those half used rolls of christmas wrapping paper is perfact for taping off bigger areas :rocks:
Yeah...like......YOUR WHOLE KITCHEN!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

dan filipi":2c0yuay2 said:
Women have a 6th sense about such things beav, don't chance it.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Beav has done a few things that has put him in that position with his wife last year...I agree Beav....don't chance it! :smilie_happy:

I got divorced once. That wasn't any fun..I hope you find a mate, everyone need's a mate... Someone that's good to you...How many coats of clear do you use Country...? I remember your post on SS site and I made a fuss over it there, looks great..I love the color combo's..and the two tone..

i dont know if anyone has done this or tried to but i know that there is some of yall out there that have honda emblems on their bike that have the paint and or the gold plating peeling off or turning green and pitting . well the replacement fairing i bought had emblems that werent all to pretty

Attachments

• P1230003.JPG
    P1230003.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 104

Latest posts